Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12" mouse lag!

12" mouse lag!
robisconfusedd
Mar 9, 2004, 07:30 PM

ive had my powerbook 12" 1Ghz for about 3 months now and i used to have a mac 3 or so years ago and then i sold it for a desktop pc and now have this powerbook and ive noticed when i plug a USB mouse into it or when i use the Bluetooth apple mouse that i bought it seems to lag, like when i move it around the screen theres a short delay between when i move the mouse and when the cursor moves on the screen, but not when i click, when i click it does it instantly like i expected the mouse movement to do... I never had this problem with my previous mac or the one i use at school(powermac g4) is this problem common with all powerbooks? or just the 12"? how can i fix it bcuz it really bothers me sometimes, other than that tho i love my laptop!!

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2004, 03:18 AM

I'd have that checked out. I havent experienced this yet and I dont think its normal to have your mouse lag. Not really much help, but I thought I'd share my experience so that you know its not common among users.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

maximusbibicus
Forum Regular
Mar 10, 2004, 10:23 AM

I was transferring a LOT of files between two Airport Extreme machines, and noticed a HUGE slow down with my Apple BT Mouse. As soon as the file transfer would finish, i was fine.

RealMadrid
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 11, 2004, 04:46 AM

I have noticed that when I bought the Apple Wireless Mouse. Updating the Bluetooth firmware through the installation of the supplied software did solve it.
Check out www.basasoft.com products:
CodeLine (Do Cocoa programming in BASIC)
BasaOne 2.0
AFDragHandler 1.1
BasaOne Web Classes

Alpha-sphere
Forum Regular
Mar 11, 2004, 06:48 AM

I'm a PC and Mac user and i must say that the mouse feels more direct on a PC. I've tried the MS intelli mouse BT, Logitech Optical mouse and a Apple optical mouse. The last one feels more direct than the other. How come? Is it maybe a trick to get more people to buy a Apple mouse? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I knew it!!