Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > What's taking so long?

What's taking so long? (Page 2)
stotan
Oct 30, 2003, 04:50 PM

I finally got my 12 inch powerbook!
its sooo beautiful

i haven't turned it on yet though. It was in deep freeze when fedex delivered it to me (only tooke 2 days from taiwan to calgary!) so i let it sit until it warmed up and started charging it. I'm back at school now, but when i get home hopefully it'll be all charged up and ready for me to play with!

hadocon
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2003, 08:34 PM

I ordered a 15" PB on the 16th of October using my ADC account via the Canadian online ADC store (which of course said 5-7 days for new Powerbooks). I was quoted an OOB ship date of 10/30/03 - well, that is today my friends and no shipped Powerbook. I checked the status of my order online just now only to notice that my order had been pushed back until November 24th? WTF? Not only does it suck that the date has been pushed back so far, but the fact that Apple waited until the last minute to tell me of the change of date... As if they just got the info today that they could not fill my order. Don't get me wrong, I am the biggest Apple fan (been using them for over 1/2 my life) but the way I am being treated is just really poor. I am going to call them 2morrow and ask why it was pushed back - I am hoping that if I become a squeaky wheel they might oil me...

Anyone else in my position?
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

hadocon
Mac Elite
Oct 30, 2003, 09:12 PM

I just found this post ragarding the 15" situation on Apple Support Forum (it was posted this afternoon 10/30/03):

"Just got off the phone with apple care wondering if they have an estimated time for the the return of my 15 inch powerbook. She told me they were waiting for a display but they were briefed yesterday by enginering that the problem is not the display but as many of us have thought a design flaw behind the screen. They wanted to originally place the 15.4 screen in this powerbook but it did not work out so they moved to the older screen that does not sit properly in the top. Many of us have noticed the latch problem and this is also part of the problem. Enginering is on it for a fix and it could be up to two weeks before the problem is solved. No new powerbooks are going to ship till it is fixed!! I love apple but my powerbook will be in repair longer then I have owned it at least they are trying to fix it. Lets hope for the best."
20+ year MacNN forum member. MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB Backlit Keyboard, 4S, iPad Mini

Forum Links
Forum Rules