Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Canadians are going to hell!

Canadians are going to hell!
Skywalkers new Hand
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2003, 02:13 PM

"Wedge, pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jul 5, 2003, 02:20 PM

"Canada's fascist flag,"
Those damn ghey fascist maples!

bamburg dunes
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2003, 03:01 PM

Did you check out their site? Sick ****ers, sorry for the language, but that's insane.

I managed to force myself to get past the intro page and then into the main site, then at the bottom right corner are a couple of links to a *memorial* page, sick.
PIXAR Animation Studios

Powaqqatsi
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2003, 03:18 PM

Originally posted by bamburg dunes:
Did you check out their site? Sick ****ers, sorry for the language, but that's insane.

I managed to force myself to get past the intro page and then into the main site, then at the bottom right corner are a couple of links to a *memorial* page, sick.
Pretty sad site indeed.

Misanthrope
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2003, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by Skywalkers new Hand:
See you all there!

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/news/st...0-7553C8E8D5B7
k

Skywalkers new Hand  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2003, 03:41 PM

Ok lets declare this a Zimphire Free thread quick!

Dex13
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2003, 03:41 PM

Hmm..

Well this is exactly why I'm leaning towards being atheist.

Religion Sucks.
I'm ashamed mostly, of being catholic.

Not that I'm part of that particular group.

:edit:

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

Poor God ...

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 5, 2003, 04:03 PM

Religion doesn't suck, people suck. Especially assbags that think their beliefs give them any right to foster hate against anyone that's different. That's not religion's fault, that's the fault of vain men who presume to know the will of God, and take the bible literally when it serves their purposes, and quite loosely when it benefits their own views.

There are lots of reasons Canadians deserve to go to hell, but that's not one of them
Nemo me impune lacesset

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2003, 04:11 PM

Comedy gold:

"Threats to burn flags are not uncommon for the Topeka-based church.

However, protesters needed advice from police on how to set the flag ablaze and their leader, Fred Phelps, failed to show up."

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2003, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by ThinkInsane:
That's not religion's fault, that's the fault of vain men who presume to know the will of God, and take the bible literally when it serves their purposes, and quite loosely when it benefits their own views.

There are lots of reasons Canadians deserve to go to hell, but that's not one of them
Perhaps the bible shouldn't be so clear cut about what is right and what is wrong then.

bamburg dunes
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2003, 04:29 PM

That's not religion's fault, that's the fault of vain men who presume to know the will of God, and take the bible literally when it serves their purposes, and quite loosely when it benefits their own views.
Ah, but then it becomes a matter of subjective opinions, was it literal when god killed the Midianites? or just metaphorical? Even though I was repulsed by what i saw on that site, their interpretation of the Bible is just as valid as those who use it to demonstrate the tolerant, forgiving God; since if the bible mentions a massacre of innocent women, children and men, or the stoning to death of homosexuals, then it's feasible that a site like that can produce it's horrendous content, and claim the Bible said so.
PIXAR Animation Studios

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 5, 2003, 04:48 PM

I'm no biblical scholar by any means, so I really am ill equipped to debate specifics. I've just always had a problem with someone taking one thing, as well, for lack of a better word, gospel, and at the same time being subjective and interpretive about another part. Either you take it as the straight dope, or you don't. None of this mix and match shite.
Nemo me impune lacesset

bamburg dunes
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 5, 2003, 05:10 PM

I'm no biblical scholar by any means, so I really am ill equipped to debate specifics. I've just always had a problem with someone taking one thing, as well, for lack of a better word, gospel, and at the same time being subjective and interpretive about another part. Either you take it as the straight dope, or you don't. None of this mix and match shite.
Lol, yup, I know what you mean, and agree with you. I guess the difficulty comes when two people have the similar beliefs, but completely opposite interpretations of the bible, always a difficult one.
PIXAR Animation Studios

Ryan1524
Senior User
Jul 5, 2003, 05:43 PM

"Religions are grand lofty ideas. Religious followers, now that's a different story."
Ryan

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 5, 2003, 05:46 PM

That group was just in Alaska to protest Gay Pride Week. I suppose they've "cleaned up" Kansas and feel the need to "clean up" the rest of North America? I can't believe they claim to be religious.

Check out the flier for the Alaska protest. They want good christian children to see banners like that?

Link to pdf.

Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2003, 05:51 PM

How can a country go to hell?

edit: wow.. what dumbasses, I checked out their site.. for example perhaps they should look up the meaning of the word inequity:

---
in�eq�ui�ty

An instance of injustice or unfairness: discerned some inequities in the criminal justice system.
---

the quote: ""The foolish shall not stand in thy sight, thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Psalm 5:5."

wtf does that have to do with same sex couples? they have taken it out of context, manipulated it, and turned it into trash.

burn our flag?? WTF? if Canadians thought the way they did, we would proceed to burn down their church. But, Canada is civilized and above such stupidity.
( Last edited by 11011001; Jul 5, 2003 at 06:13 PM. )

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2003, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by 11011001:
How can a country go to hell?
All Canadians are going to hell.

Yeeeeeeeeeehaw!

Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2003, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
That group was just in Alaska to protest Gay Pride Week. I suppose they've "cleaned up" Kansas and feel the need to "clean up" the rest of North America? I can't believe they claim to be religious.

Check out the flier for the Alaska protest. They want good christian children to see banners like that?

Link to pdf.
"Thank God for Sept. 11" who the hell do they think they are?

Zimphire
Baninated
Jul 5, 2003, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by Skywalkers new Hand:
Ok lets declare this a Zimphire Free thread quick!

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2003, 08:59 PM

I say all us fascist Canadians go to Ottawa and tear these a new ! They wont be so quick to come back I'll bet Or we can string their leader up to a flagpole and burn him alive, tit for tat I always say.

Chris

Socially Awkward Solo
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2003, 09:01 PM

I love this very Canadian response they got:

"You're allowed to express your feelings. If you're not infringing on the law, it's safe and not creating problems, you're allowed to be there," RCMP spokeswoman Nathalie Deschenes said."

If a Canadian tried that crap in the US they would get shot the second they crossed the border.

"Laugh it up, fuzz ball!"

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2003, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by Socially Awkward Solo:
I love this very Canadian response they got:

"You're allowed to express your feelings. If you're not infringing on the law, it's safe and not creating problems, you're allowed to be there," RCMP spokeswoman Nathalie Deschenes said."

If a Canadian tried that crap in the US they would get shot the second they crossed the border.
But, do you honestly think Canadians will stand by and let it happen? I dont think so. They better be calling the riot squad in early.

Chris

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Jul 5, 2003, 09:09 PM

Canadians are going to hell!

Isn't that a Bowie song?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 5, 2003, 09:59 PM

A lot of psychologists will tell you that those who are so vehement in denouncing something, such as these clowns denouncing homosexuality, really have a deep seated, perhaps unconscious fear that they themselves may be attracted to what they denounce. In this case, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. How could anyone behave so violently toward something that doesn't affect their life one iota?
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Kilbey
Baninated
Jul 5, 2003, 10:10 PM

Listen.

Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.

Is that too complicated for you starwarsnicknameguy?

Kilbey
Baninated
Jul 5, 2003, 10:11 PM

Double post

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Jul 5, 2003, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Kilbey:
Listen.

Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.
You talking to the baptists?
Is that too complicated for you starwarsnicknameguy?
Oh, guess not.

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Jul 5, 2003, 11:30 PM

Is there any way we, the American public, can prevent the Southern Baptists from returning to the United States?

Of all the politically active, right wing, fundamentalist branches of Christianity; the Southern Baptists are the most annoying.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

Kilbey
Baninated
Jul 6, 2003, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by BasketofPuppies:
Is there any way we, the American public, can prevent the Southern Baptists from returning to the United States?

Of all the politically active, right wing, fundamentalist branches of Christianity; the Southern Baptists are the most annoying.
Personally, I find the United Methodists the most annoying.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2003, 12:11 AM

Personally, I find the United Methodists the most annoying.
Since when are Methodists fundamentalist? Or right-wing? Or politcally active?

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2003, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by kmkkid:
But, do you honestly think Canadians will stand by and let it happen? I dont think so. They better be calling the riot squad in early.

Chris
I think that there are 10 members and they are morons that people will just walk by and laugh. I would.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Cipher13
Jul 6, 2003, 01:51 AM

Pontoon boat, with a brewery onboard.

Hey, you said unlimited...

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2003, 01:53 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Pontoon boat, with a brewery onboard.

Hey, you said unlimited...

MikeM33
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2003, 02:45 AM

A good retaliatory demonstration would be if a shiAtload of people got together and burned the WBC church in Topeka Kansas down by throwing burning bibles into it. Hopefully thier server is located there too so that abomination of a website would be wiped out of existence.

These jack-asses must give the regular religious followers a bad name.

And that whole thing about Diane Whipple is bullsh_t anyway. The case was that she was mauled by her jerky nieghbors dogs. Nobody knew she was a lesbian until the case came to light. The *******s at the WBC are just exploiting the fact that she was a lesbian.

MikeM

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 02:53 AM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
I think that there are 10 members and they are morons that people will just walk by and laugh. I would.
Well there's the difference between you and I. I'd beat the living crap outta them, then walk by and laugh.

Chris

Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2003, 03:15 AM

THIS one's hilarious! Make sure you inflate all your results, make up some stuff and then report the inflated results to your local newspaper...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/millions.html

What? Stupid morons...

Mac Guru

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 05:35 AM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
THIS one's hilarious! Make sure you inflate all your results, make up some stuff and then report the inflated results to your local newspaper...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/millions.html

What? Stupid morons...

Mac Guru
click on the fag link at the top for the 'real' meaning of the word fag, and how it relates to the bible...

god I'm gonna be sick. Are there actually people out there like this? Not being caged? or beaten to death?

Chris

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 05:40 AM

Looks like God's curse to most of these jackasses was obesity

Chris
( Last edited by kmkkid; Jul 6, 2003 at 05:46 AM. )

bamburg dunes
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 6, 2003, 06:19 AM

LMAO, they even picket funerals. Doubt they'll be around too long since it won't be long before someone whacks them into hospital.
PIXAR Animation Studios

Kilbey
Baninated
Jul 6, 2003, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by nonhuman:
Since when are Methodists fundamentalist? Or right-wing? Or politcally active?
Did I say I found Methodists fundamentalists?
No.

Did I say they were right-wing?
No.

They are VERY politcally active though.
And this is why I find them most annoying.

VERY politically liberal, left-wing, radical, and not biblical.

mogura
Jul 6, 2003, 10:04 AM

Well, if we are going to hell, Americans aren't too far behind us.

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by mogura:

And so eloquently done too.

Chris

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 01:28 PM

Hey... if its a Windows server... someone find a REALLY evil virus and give it to them... again tit for tat

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 6, 2003, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by mogura:
Personally, I thought they would have been in front of us

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

clod
Senior User
Jul 6, 2003, 02:58 PM

What a bunch of morons. I'm sure they got what they deserved from the crowd.

ph0ust
Senior User
Jul 6, 2003, 04:33 PM

Religion doesn't suck, people suck. Especially assbags that think their beliefs give them any right to foster hate against anyone that's different. That's not religion's fault, that's the fault of vain men who presume to know the will of God, and take the bible literally when it serves their purposes, and quite loosely when it benefits their own views.

word!

ph0ust
Senior User
Jul 6, 2003, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by bamburg dunes:
Ah, but then it becomes a matter of subjective opinions, was it literal when god killed the Midianites? or just metaphorical? Even though I was repulsed by what i saw on that site, their interpretation of the Bible is just as valid as those who use it to demonstrate the tolerant, forgiving God; since if the bible mentions a massacre of innocent women, children and men, or the stoning to death of homosexuals, then it's feasible that a site like that can produce it's horrendous content, and claim the Bible said so.
the bible is metaphor, not the word of god. it is outline of how to live a good life faithful to the will of god. that was how christiantiy departed for judaism- the jews took to torah literally and started to miss the point, so christ came down and had to make it a bit more clear for everyone.

i have no doubt this will spark a major debate which i am not looking for... but the word of god is not written by third parties hundreds of years after it was spoken. the bible is a blueprint on the notion of living according to god's will: faith, respect, kindness and generosity to others; hence the lessons put forth by christ. the children of god are not here to judge, but rather live and die according to their free will and then be judged by god.

just my opinion though, so please keep the rants mellow

snerdini
Senior User
Jul 6, 2003, 04:56 PM

DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Jul 6, 2003, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by ph0ust:
the jews took to torah literally and started to miss the point, so christ came down and had to make it a bit more clear for everyone.

not all of us do : Reform/Reconstructionist branches believe that the Torah should be interpreted by each person... (myself included)

VERY few jews are completely literalist these days (but many do as much as they can in accordance with the teachings of the Torah...

...but I'll spare you the rant on Jews "beginning to miss the point and getting
corrected..."

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jul 6, 2003, 06:45 PM

Did I say I found Methodists fundamentalists?
No.

Did I say they were right-wing?
No.

They are VERY politcally active though.
And this is why I find them most annoying.

VERY politically liberal, left-wing, radical, and not biblical.
You were replying to this:

Originally posted by BasketofPuppies:

by saying that you thought Methodists were the most annoying. It sounded like you were saying that you thought Methodists were the most annoying "of all the politically active, rightwing, fundamentalist branches of Christianity" instead of the Southern Baptists as BasketofPuppies was saying. I think you can see where my confusion came from. (You're right about them being politically active, ignore that bit of my post, I was just confused.)

I'm not quite sure where your accusation of them being "not biblical" comes from though. Can you elaborate?

Forum Links
Forum Rules