Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Milk, ShapeShifter and Entourage

Milk, ShapeShifter and Entourage
Raphael
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 23, 2005, 07:28 AM

Hi,

I don't know if Max Rudberg is looking at these forums, but I'd like to report an issue I'm having with Milk 3.2, ShapeShifter 2.1.1 and Microsoft Entourage.

In Entourage, the menu that pops up in the address fields of a new message is displayed with white text on a white background.

I don't know what is causing this because I had no issue with Panther. This behavior only occurs under Tiger. So maybe it is not Milk in itself, but rather a small glitch in ShapeShifter.

If you can fix the theme in next version, that would be nice.

Many thanks,

Raf

crford
Jul 25, 2005, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Raphael
Hi,

I don't know if Max Rudberg is looking at these forums, but I'd like to report an issue I'm having with Milk 3.2, ShapeShifter 2.1.1 and Microsoft Entourage.

In Entourage, the menu that pops up in the address fields of a new message is displayed with white text on a white background.

I don't know what is causing this because I had no issue with Panther. This behavior only occurs under Tiger. So maybe it is not Milk in itself, but rather a small glitch in ShapeShifter.

If you can fix the theme in next version, that would be nice.

Many thanks,

Raf
How about a screen shot so that we can see what you're talking about. That would make it much easier to fix.

Raphael  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2005, 03:06 AM

Here it is, with Milk Orange 3.2 'Chrome' variation:

Raf

Gerrit Vanoppen
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2005, 08:24 AM

It's probably me, but the text parts you haven't covered look like black on white background

Raphael  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2005, 08:36 AM

My problem lies not there (I just hide friend's emails), but on the third line, where my email address should be listed.

I forgot in my first post to mention that that problem occurs for the selected item in that list.

As the text is white and the background too, it is just not shown

With other themes and under Panther this doesn't occur.

Raf

Rosyna
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2005, 08:48 AM

Raf, it'd help if you showed a before and after screenshot. And make up some fake person so you don't have to blackup anyone.

Raphael  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 25, 2005, 09:16 AM

Actually, using another theme might help:

This screenshot is done in the same circumstances with Samui. It uses a similat coloring, i.e. the text turns white, but here there's a blue highlight color that allows me to see the address.

Raf

widget : widget
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2005, 12:05 PM

Just to let everyone know that Raph isn't the only one experiencing this! Its also happened to my self too... the address text goes white.
widget : widget
icons + design :: macintosh + windows
magnum opus :: every piece of apple hardware ever made

chezpaul
Senior User
Jul 27, 2005, 01:34 PM

Yup, happens to me too, using a Milk mod.. Smooth milk... i've been sending emails to the wrong people too but I like that theme too much... ;-)
Dual 1 Gig DDR & 15' Powerbook 867 MHz, Sony Ericsson T637 phone

Forum Links
Forum Rules