Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac and Iomega ZIP Cd

iMac and Iomega ZIP Cd
oxyn
Oct 8, 2000, 12:40 AM

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Iomegas CD/RW Drives. Will they work with an iMac DV.

Thanks

phobos
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2000, 02:54 AM

Zip CD is targeted more for the PC's than Macs.The box says that it's Mac compatible but it has a lot of problems.Software isn't working good either.I don't own a Zip cd but
I say what I've heard and seen.

Toad
Oct 8, 2000, 07:02 PM

I have one for my iMac DV SE, I think it works great for the money. I've burnt about 30 CDs so far wtih only one reject. Funny thing is, that reject was the CD included with the Zip CD!

Mike Pither
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2000, 05:59 PM

The Iomega zip 650 got a pretty good write up in the Aug 2000 copy of Macformat. To quote "performed without a glitch" The negative points were not on compatability but rather price and build qualty, overall though it came out ok if not the best cd writer in the tests.
iMac DVSE 400 640mb + AL PB 15" with 1 gig + iMac 2,8 with 4gb + MacBook Pro 2,53 with 4gb

chriswakey
Oct 22, 2000, 07:51 AM

I have had mine for several months now and have never had a single problem with it.
Not bad for �192.
I almost bought a Que! burner, but read too many complaints about it in various mags.

Trapper
Forum Regular
Oct 22, 2000, 09:53 AM

I've had my ZipCD for about 5 months and am very happy with it. It burns consistently well, either data or audio.

------------------
Travis Hreno
Department of Philosophy
University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario
CANADA
[email protected]
Travis

Forum Links
Forum Rules