Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Network Series

Network Series
akent35
Banned
May 9, 2014, 06:33 PM

Hopefully, this thread will generate some interest.

I am really into watching 12 to 14 episode series on TV. My current favorites are:

The Following - Season 2 just completed, and once again, can't wait for Season 3!

The Americans - My favorite. Only two more episodes left in Season 2. Matthew Rhys fits his part perfectly! (I'm truly amazed that even with his distinct Wales accent, that he speaks "American" English flawlessly in the series).

Mad Men - A perennial favorite.

Fargo - Only 4 episodes so far, but I'm hooked!

The Bridge - Season 2 premieres some time in July. Season 1 was awesome! The way Demián Bichir and Diane Kruger interacted was priceless. And, Ted Levine, aka Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb from "The Silence of The Lambs", is very good as the police lieutenant.

House of Cards - Not exactly a "TV Series", but still real, real good. Kevin Spacey at his best!

A couple of my past favorites:

Big Love - Interesting take of polygamy. Bill Paxton was real good!

The Sopranos - No need to comment on this classic.

The Killing (American version) - Really liked Seasons 1 & 2, and especially since it took place in Seattle (only 20 miles from where I live)!

One that I have to watch is "Justified". One of my friends raves about it. I have the first 5 seasons, and so I'll take the time to watch it.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
May 9, 2014, 06:39 PM

Are we suggesting TV shows for you, or just discussing TV shows that we like?

akent35  (op)
Banned
May 9, 2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Are we suggesting TV shows for you, or just discussing TV shows that we like?
Just want to get other folks' likes, dislikes, etc.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
May 9, 2014, 08:40 PM

When it comes to the number of episodes, the more the merrier I say. As long as its good.

I liked the American version of the Killing and the Bridge is good too but then original versions are better IMO.

The Following is like 24, its entertaining as you go along but you get to the end and think about whats happened and it feels ridiculous. That and Joe Carroll's apparent ability to run through a shop trying to escape Kevin Bacon and brainwash the shop staff into crazed serial killers by the time he gets to the back door. All without breaking stride. I think The Mentalist handles that sort of thing more believably.

I wish Game of Thrones was 13 eps a season.

I'm sad to hear Community finally got axed. That was superb at its best.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2014, 06:31 PM

Game of Thrones is still awesome. And evil.

Not exactly a spoiler but might give something away so if you haven't seen Season 4 Episode 8, don't watch this video unit you have.

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2014, 05:08 AM

GoT:

don't read the next, real spoiler from the books, of sorts:

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Forum Links
Forum Rules