Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > Review: Tweetie 2

Review: Tweetie 2
imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2009, 03:03 PM

App Name - Tweetie 2
Price - $2.99
Version - 2.0
Age - 4+
Links - iTunes, Developer
Compatible with - Any iPhone or iPod touch with OS 3.0. Some features like pictures and video tweets not available on iPod touch, obviously.
As a Twitter client - Tweetie 2 has some features that should embarrass certain desktop clients. Integration with Twitter and 3rd party services is top notch.

As an iPhone application - Performance is very smooth (although I tested on a 3G iPod touch). I've had no crashes. The UI is fairly innovative such as the drag to reload. No push, if you care about such things. It's not as customizable as the last version (no themes). Some features and settings can be a bit hard to find.

Overall - Tweetie 2 is a very good Twitter client that raises the bar not only for other clients, but for other social networking applications. The only issue that I can see here is the full price of entry for previous users. For me $3 a year or so doesn't seem like too high a price to pay. I think Tweetie 2 deserves 5 stars.

Brien
Professional Poster
Oct 11, 2009, 04:35 PM

How would you say it compares to Twitteriffic?

HenryMelton
Oct 11, 2009, 04:37 PM

Also, the Search/ Nearby feature is worth the whole price by itself. It's integrated with the map services and you can scroll around the world and see tweet icons everywhere. Touch one to see it's content. Zoom in and out seamlessly.

imitchellg5  (op)
Posting Junkie
Oct 11, 2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Brien View Post
How would you say it compares to Twitteriffic?
Twitteriffic is a very solid app IMO but this is better. Performance is more smooth and the UI is less cluttered.

sogbrightlight
Forum Regular
Oct 12, 2009, 05:11 PM

I think Tweetie 2 is better than Twitterific too. It is much snappier than twitterific.
Bla Bla Bla

LWgifts
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2009, 07:09 AM

Nice to see a review that doesn't get outraged at the non-free upgrade! Although I do think paid upgrades are something the App Store should allow soon-ish. In-app purchases are halfway there...

j.donald
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 1, 2009, 10:50 AM

Twitteriffic is a cool app IMO, this Tweetie 2 app is sort of easier and user friendly,
Performance is more faster , totally cool experience working on this application.
But i should admit it is a bit costly application.

Demonhood
Administrator
Dec 1, 2009, 01:43 PM

i finally ponied up the $3. it's quite nice. i especially grateful that they just added list management to the app. quite handy.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Dec 2, 2009, 08:09 PM

I love Tweetie 2, and I don't mind the "high" price. An app this nice on the desktop would cost way more than $3.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Forum Links
Forum Rules