Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Transferring files from a windows file share to my iBook

Transferring files from a windows file share to my iBook
DrSpookles
Jun 5, 2003, 02:23 PM

Always seems to crash after about 3 minutes, on completely different sets of data. By crash, I mean it just stops indefinitely. No data transfer happening. I usually have to hard reboot my machine as the Finder becomes completely unresponsive and I cannot launch Terminal to kill things.

The same thing happens going the other direction (from my iBook to a mounted windows share). I've seen this on Windows 2000 and XP (Haven't tried on other Windows platforms besides those).

I tried searching the forums for this problem, but the closest match I found had to do with renaming files on the Mac before sending them to the PC. I want to go in the other direction.

Oh yes, I cannot determine any relationship between the files that it crashes on. It seems to be almost completely time related (~5 mins).

Anyone here seen this?

edit: I'm on OSX10.2.6, iBook700, 640MB. Going over airport.
iChat/AOL: DJTcl

jtc
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2003, 05:30 PM

I have noticed that transferring files from a windows file share to a mac will frequently lock the machine up or cause kernel panics. I am using airport too, so maybe this has something to do with it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules