Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > No Sound Itunes or Any other Music App

No Sound Itunes or Any other Music App
vernon8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2005, 03:48 PM

When I launch iTunes, I see the counter moving but hear no sound. The tracks play in Reason, but no [FONT=Times New Roman]sound. I hear no music on any websites either.. I can't control the sound from the keyboard at all. No functionality. No sound.

When I reboot the computer, the power on sound booms through the speakers when I power up however. Anybody know the fix?

delfmen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by vernon8
When I launch iTunes, I see the counter moving but hear no sound. The tracks play in Reason, but no [FONT=Times New Roman]sound. I hear no music on any websites either.. I can't control the sound from the keyboard at all. No functionality. No sound.

When I reboot the computer, the power on sound booms through the speakers when I power up however. Anybody know the fix?
i often have the same problem.
do you have an iMac by any chance?
iMac G5 20" rev.b, 250GB, 2GB, Apple wireless mouse & keyboard, Logitech Z-5500 digital 5.1

vernon8  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2005, 03:57 PM

I have a 2003 G4 Dual Gig Processor. Do you know how to remedy the problem?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Aug 12, 2005, 04:27 PM

What do your settings look like in the Sound prefpane?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

vernon8  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 12, 2005, 06:28 PM

I have an audiphile Midi card and saw the meters bouncing under it's preferences.

I went to sounds and switched it to headphones, becuase that was the only selection I could designate. Under Port it automatically assigned it to" Built In Audio." Long story short I immediately got sound.

The Mac is a very ridiculous animal.. Godbless it!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules