Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > more info. on invisible shield

more info. on invisible shield
sharkabee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2005, 06:41 AM

I ordered Invisible Shield for a black nano that's arriving next week. I noticed Rainy Day Magazine now has an article on removing it if you have to. I bookmarked it, and figured others who are trying it would also want to save the link.

http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2...eldRemoval.htm

Scandalous Ion Cannon
Mac Elite
Oct 29, 2005, 07:39 PM

I thought it wasn't supposed to leave glue on it.
"That's okay, I'd like to keep it on manual control for a while."

sharkabee  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2005, 07:48 AM

Here's something else I found. Somebody put a sticker on their ipod that was supposed to come off with no residue. Apparently, the sticker was defective and left all the glue on the ipod. GooGone took it off, but I guess the lesson is that you have a defective sticker if your ipod looks like the one in this link when you peel it off.

http://www.jillianmyers.com/archives/000279.html

We haven't even gotten the thing yet, and it's already not seeming fun. Think I'll just take it out of the box, show it to the family, then rake it across the asphalt to get it over with.

Jacko
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2005, 07:58 PM

Ordered iDiddy version of ipod protector. They too claim it can be removed without the glue sticking.....

macanon
Oct 30, 2005, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sharkabee
Here's something else I found. Somebody put a sticker on their ipod that was supposed to come off with no residue. Apparently, the sticker was defective and left all the glue on the ipod. GooGone took it off, but I guess the lesson is that you have a defective sticker if your ipod looks like the one in this link when you peel it off.
:
GooGone removes everything! But use in ventilated areas please! Brain cells at risk.

Forum Links
Forum Rules