Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Recovering files from a Digital Camera's SD Card?

Recovering files from a Digital Camera's SD Card?
Flagheimer
Oct 20, 2007, 12:18 PM

Is it possible?

Went to a party a few weeks ago, took some pictures and a few video clips. I was viewing them yesterday on my camera before docking, but I was moving too *damn* fast through the button selections and deleted them all!

EDIT:

CardRaider seems to be a good choice, although I would have to purchase it. Any other *freeware* alternative? I'm more interested in getting the video files back!
( Last edited by Flagheimer; Oct 20, 2007 at 12:25 PM. )

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2007, 12:30 PM

If you search Versiontracker you find something like this:

CardRaider 1.2 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

I have never personally tried this software, therefore I don't recommend it.

Flagheimer  (op)
Oct 20, 2007, 12:45 PM

Yeah, I tried the Demo, it recovered the files (preview sized) so it works for photos, but I emailed them asking about the .AVI files. Hopefully they respond soon!

Jonesy
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 20, 2007, 05:29 PM

I have used EXIF Untrasher successfully for stills but never tried on movie files. By the name I would guess that only still images would be found. Certainly worth a look though.

Flagheimer  (op)
Oct 20, 2007, 09:07 PM

Files recovered!

I used Photorec - PhotoRec - CGSecurity

The problem is that the .AVI files won't play in Quicktime anymore. I have to Open With VLC and VLC comes up with an error saying the AVI file is broken, so it asks me if I want to try to repair it, I say "Yes" and it plays fine. But I have to repair each time I want to play the video...

I'm checking the applications I have on my PB to see what I can do to fix this... Right now it seems iSquint fixes it, but it's in MP4 format. Oh well... I'm just happy I got my videos back!!!!

Thanks for the tips guys!
( Last edited by Flagheimer; Oct 20, 2007 at 09:14 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules