Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12 inch PowerBook not charging correctly

12 inch PowerBook not charging correctly
Flagheimer
Jan 24, 2009, 05:11 AM

I don't know if the power adapter is the culprit or the charging port is messed up

I've resetted PRAM and the PMU,

If I move the adapter around, trying to make it turn from Orange to Green, it usually charges the battery---if I'm lucky. Most of the time it'll stay Orange and not charge and the system profile will say I'm not even connected to the adapter. Or it'll switch from charging to saying "Calculating" to "Not Charging" and draining my battery, and it'll keep on doing that over and over.

Any ideas? I wonder if the Apple Store can check if it's just the adapter that needs replacing. Wonder if they have one that they can just plug in.

Are third party AC Adaptors compatible?
( Last edited by Flagheimer; Jan 24, 2009 at 05:26 AM. )

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jan 24, 2009, 05:57 AM

An Apple Store (or an Apple authorized service provider) will definitely be able to diagnose it for you. Just make a Genius Bar appointment from home so you don't have to wait.

Forum Links
Forum Rules