Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MB offs on its own

MB offs on its own
samsontan
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2009, 10:24 AM

My macbook has been turning off by itself since yesterday. I wonder what's wrong.. I even had like the AC plugged in 24 hrs with the battery. I have also tried it without the battery and the same thing happens... I have a bout 5 applications running at the same time and a min of 3 apps at one time.

I recently just upgraded to a 2gb ram ddr2 667 that was formerly just 1 gb. could this be the reason?

Mine's a first GEN macbook.
simple but nice

RevEvs
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2009, 10:44 AM

Could definately be the RAM. Having the AC in means its probably not the battery.

Take out the new RAM and see if the problem goes away. IF it does, then you can probably request replacement ram.
I free'd my mind... now it won't come back.

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 15, 2009, 05:06 PM

Try the steps outlined here, too: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1411?viewlocale=en_US

Forum Links
Forum Rules