Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iOS Apps > [ANN] Nesen Probe, a weird game now completely free

[ANN] Nesen Probe, a weird game now completely free
design219
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2012, 11:36 AM

App Store - Nesen Probe

This is a little game I made over a year ago as an attempt to make something different. And also just trying out some techniques. Apparently it just looks too odd and has not had many takers, so I've made it free. No ads, nothing.

The idea is you have this sort of cyber/steampunk looking flying nose that you can move to inhale these mechanical orbs. Some orbs are good, and give you points and health, while the grey ones are bad and take health. The nose inhales and exhales, so you have to move and time the nose just right, because an exhale pushes the orbs away.

I didn't think it needed a background story, so gameplay is very simple and quick. I've since seen many, many ways it could be improved, but this was just a for fun project and I've never had time to get back to it. Enjoy! (I hope)

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

andi*pandi
Jan 24, 2012, 02:19 PM

SPA... oh wait, we know you.

The nose is a little odd, but might be fun to try out!

I think it's very excellent how you are making these things, learning technique and all. My kids liked ticklestones!

design219  (op)
Professional Poster
Jan 25, 2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
My kids liked ticklestones!
That's great, thanks!

I would make that one free too, but it still brings in a few bucks a month (the Japanese seem to like it) and is pretty clearly described as a novelty (and rather useless) app.

My stupid iPhone game: Nesen Probe, it's rather old, annoying and pointless, but it's free.
Was free. Now it's gone. Never to be seen again.
Off to join its brother and sister apps that could not
keep up with the ever updating iOS. RIP Nesen Probe.

Forum Links
Forum Rules