Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > GarageKey

GarageKey
RiSE
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2005, 06:52 PM

Anybody used this before?

http://www.dvforge.com/garagekey.shtml

I'm the strongest person in the village where all the leaves are.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Feb 21, 2005, 08:10 PM

If that's the MacMice keyboard: It's ****.

I'm one of several musicians who work at the Mac store, and we've all independently reached the same conclusion within fifteen seconds of laying hands on the thing.

sworthy
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2005, 08:31 PM

if this was done by a company with higher quality, I'd be all over it. The risers to fit a keyboard under, and the minimalist design is great.

RiSE  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2005, 08:33 PM

really? why? Is it better then the $99 keyboard at the apple store? Bascily im looking for a keyboard for my mac. It doesnt have to be anything professinal just something desent that doesnt take up a ton of space. Also between $100-$170.

I'm the strongest person in the village where all the leaves are.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Feb 22, 2005, 07:41 AM

Originally posted by RiSE:
really? why? Is it better then the $99 keyboard at the apple store? Bascily im looking for a keyboard for my mac. It doesnt have to be anything professinal just something desent that doesnt take up a ton of space. Also between $100-$170.
The M-Audio stuff is fine.

This POS GarageKey has a REALLY nasty-feeling keyboard, NO controllers - not even a pitch bend - , no interfacing possibilities beyond the single USB port, and the octave-shift buttons (the only buttons on the thing) are on the back.

Add to that MacMice's reputation for quality hardware (one in three might possibly work), and you know why we have them lying around at the back of the store. None of us has sold one so far, and probably none of us will, even if a customer wants one.

Forum Links
Forum Rules