Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > how do i send a ringtone ocer bluetooth ?

how do i send a ringtone ocer bluetooth ?
malcolm347
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2007, 02:08 PM

I have a normal phone, and i made a ringtone, how can i send my phone that ringtone using bluetooth, ghavent figured it out yet.

i hope its possible

wake266
Sep 20, 2007, 05:53 PM

ummm. If you have bluetooth on your phone you can use the bluetooth file transfer program. Just make sure the format of the ringtone is playable on you phone

tinkered
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2007, 06:22 PM

1) Is your phone verizon? if so, give up now.

2) you need to look in your phone's manual or online somewhere to determine what sound formats the phone supports. My RAZR supports mp3. My GF's new RAZR G3 supports mp3 and mp4/AAC as long as it is DRM free. Another thing to consider is the length of the ringtone. Many phones cannot support a ringtone over 30 seconds long.

3) If your ring tone should theoretically be supported by your phone you can now try to upload it to your phone. To do this you need to activate your phone's bluetooth and make it discoverable.

4)On you computer you need to click on the bluetooth menu and choose "find new devices" or something like that (am not by my mac at the moment), use on screen instruction to join your phone to your computer. Once joined, simply use file transfer to send the ringtone to your phone.

5) Now, when you try to set your ring tone on the phone it should list your new ring tone as an option.
17" MBP C2D 2.33/3 GB RAM/500 GB 7200 rpm/Glossy Display|-|
17" iMac CD|-|15" PB G4 1.25 GHz|-|iBook g4 1Ghz|-|Pismo

Christopera
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2007, 06:42 PM

I can't beleive nobody has cracked the verizon stuff yet. I have looked into this several times and have found nothing...

The best solution I have come up with for Verizon customers is a piece of software called ToneThis. It requires windows...so if you don't have an old pc or run xp through boot camp you will not be able to do it.

Christopera
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2007, 06:47 PM

I forgot to mention that Tone This does not use bluetooth. Sorry, it send your rigner as a audio text. Nevertheless, it is cheaper than the 3.99 a rigner from vCast.

malcolm347  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2007, 10:36 PM

well, i have done all that, but i cant find the file when i go to fille transfer, amybe apple doesnt want me sending it to my non iphone cell phone.

malcolm347  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 20, 2007, 10:38 PM

nvm, i figured it out

kelso
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2007, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by tinkered View Post
1) Is your phone verizon? if so, give up now.
Yeah, I figure that out the other day. I was pretty mad, lousy V-cast won't let you use your songs as ringtones. And the blue tooth on my phone only seems to work with a head set.

Forum Links
Forum Rules