Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Apple sending me a "new, upgraded" laptop

Apple sending me a "new, upgraded" laptop (Page 2)
JCT
Forum Regular
Apr 8, 2006, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by HellionNecrosis
Now all I gotta do is go get my RAM 2gb. (that's why I actually came here to see if anyone posted anywhere to get any good deals on RAM for it)
only one thing that i am really missing out is being able to use my EVDO card. Hopefully dell novatel got something in the works according to evdoinfo.com. Oh well ne1 don't believe me I'll feel free to prove it somehow.
I purchased a 1 GB stick from OWC for my MBP. It has worked perfectly.
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other.../5300DDR2S1GB/ . Crucial should also be fine. Do not go cheap -- some reports of MBPs being a bit finisky with RAM.

Stay safe on your journeys -- my old man was stationed in San Diego many years ago..

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 02:01 PM

Well guys, as I post this, I'm talking to Customer Relations again, I've got a guy handling my case right now.

I'll keep you guys up to speed. Hopefully we can get something good out of this. I demanded to speak straight with customer relations.

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 02:18 PM

I tried to call and convince, got nothing done. I threatened the Executive guy saying that I would take this up with teh BBB, but he said he would just ignore that, basically. I dont know what to do, this really hurts me because I've bought a bunch of iPods from Apple and was really encouraged when I decided to switch, and all it's done is bite me in the ass.

They havent even offered a new or refurbished PB, all they want to do is repair and repair to no avail.

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 02:36 PM

For what it's worth, if you bitch and moan enough, they will upgrade you. I had them upgrade my iMac g5 to a new intel iMac at no cost. I had it for 6 weeks and had 12 (business) days of downtime. I finally spoke to the manager, and they hooked me up.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Screech
I tried to call and convince, got nothing done. I threatened the Executive guy saying that I would take this up with teh BBB, but he said he would just ignore that, basically. I dont know what to do, this really hurts me because I've bought a bunch of iPods from Apple and was really encouraged when I decided to switch, and all it's done is bite me in the ass.

They havent even offered a new or refurbished PB, all they want to do is repair and repair to no avail.
i say you send it in for repair again... and whenever anything happens send it in... the point is that it will cost them more to keep repairing it or at least checking it than sending you a new box...

i dont remember why sending it in was bad? because i dont think threatening a billion $$ company is the best way. they should by their own policy replace it if it needs to be sent in 3 times for the same issue. do you have applecare and how much is left on it?
Computers:
Macbook Pro: 17in, 2.16Ghz, 120GB HD, 1.5 GB ram.
iBook G4: 1.07Ghz, 60GB HD, 756mb ram (on sale for parts)

lizardgator
Apr 10, 2006, 03:19 PM

Is there some kind of lemon law when it comes to computers? I mean sooner or later thay have to admit this particular Powerbook is a lemon.

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by onlykaria
i say you send it in for repair again... and whenever anything happens send it in... the point is that it will cost them more to keep repairing it or at least checking it than sending you a new box...

i dont remember why sending it in was bad? because i dont think threatening a billion $$ company is the best way. they should by their own policy replace it if it needs to be sent in 3 times for the same issue. do you have applecare and how much is left on it?

Yes, it will cost them more. However, this isn't about pissing apple off, it's about getting a computer that works. Every day of downtime is one less reason to keep the thing.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by wtmcgee
Yes, it will cost them more. However, this isn't about pissing apple off, it's about getting a computer that works. Every day of downtime is one less reason to keep the thing.
i agree, i guess i should have worded it differently, when the realize how much this is costing them, they should in theory have no choice but to replace it. if the refuse to repair it anymore, they can be taken to small claims court and the cost of sending lawyers to small claims will also certainly force them to do something...
Computers:

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by lizardgator
Is there some kind of lemon law when it comes to computers? I mean sooner or later thay have to admit this particular Powerbook is a lemon.
many states have them, if not most...
Computers:

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 04:24 PM

Well, did a little research and got the direct number to Cupertino. I called and asked for the highest person a customer could speak to regarding an issue, and the operator directed me to someone by the name of Jeanne Touluose, who reportedly heads Customer Care for Apple. I asked for a call back.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 04:29 PM

Well, did a little research and got the direct number to Cupertino. I called and asked for the highest person a customer could speak to regarding an issue, and the operator directed me to someone by the name of Jeanne Touluose, who reportedly heads Customer Care for Apple. I asked for a call back.
do you have applecare?
Computers:

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 04:38 PM

do you have applecare?
I don't, but this computer is barely 3 months old

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 04:42 PM

Guys, I found this number on Google for the CEO's office. I called it and that is what it is. What should I say?

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 04:45 PM

I don't, but this computer is barely 3 months old
ummm do you think that might be why you are having these problems? you should get applecare.. you still have time to do so, and i have a feeling if you get apple care you might be able to get this dealt with alot easier because really it should not be this difficult...
Computers:

skyman
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 10:42 PM

ummm do you think that might be why you are having these problems? you should get applecare.. you still have time to do so, and i have a feeling if you get apple care you might be able to get this dealt with alot easier because really it should not be this difficult...
Why should he spend $250 for Apple Care to get his 3 month old PB fixed? Makes NO sense.
MacBookPro 1.83GHz - 1.5 GB RAM - OS 10.4.6

skyman
Mac Elite
Apr 10, 2006, 10:46 PM

Guys, I found this number on Google for the CEO's office. I called it and that is what it is. What should I say?
Screech, it is a catch 22. You need to keep playing the game and send your PB in for repair again. Everyone who has suggested this is correct, eventually they are going to get tired of see your PB and either give you a new one or upgrade you.

You should also keep detailed notes (time, date person etc) of everyone you spoke with. If your PB does not get fixed the next time, then take Apple to small claims court. I assure you Apple will not send their $400/Hr attorneys to defend a case for a $2000 PB. You will get results!

Good luck and keep us posted.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by skyman
Why should he spend $250 for Apple Care to get his 3 month old PB fixed? Makes NO sense.
just a suggestion, that if you want apple care to fix something it would help to have applecare.. but whatever...
Computers:

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 11:49 PM

I can't believe it, but I guess I have to send it out again. I am stuck in a bind. I told him not to send it out, we've gone back and forth on the issue.

I don't know what to do, again, this really hurts me because I feel like I'm being scammed and shoved into a corner. $2000 is no small change for me, that's a HUGE investment for me, and to this point, a bad one on this Powerbook.

Should I call him and just go with it again despite them outright lying to me?

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 10, 2006, 11:57 PM

I've got another idea, wanted to know what you guys thought.

What if I talked to the Apple Store I bought this from, tell them all the issues, and demand they replace it.

Will I get anywhere with that?

HellionNecrosis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 12:48 AM

Ok, I'll try to clarify some more. I called the CS rep that I was dealing with. Once again he told me takes a min. of 3 depot level repairs (send in to apple) and pretty much what the problem is. Here is a little taste of what I went thru.

01-Apr-2006 In-Store Repair replacement with macbook pro from CS
POWERBOOK G4 (15-INCH 1.5/1.33GHZ)
Repair cancelled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-Mar-2006 In-Store Repair HD Smart Failure
Repair Complete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

07-Sep-2005 Apple Store Mail-In Repair Keyboard failure
Repair Complete

31-Aug-2005 In-Store Repair Keyboard failure
Repair cancelled

13-Aug-2005 Apple Store Mail-In Repair Screen failure
Repair Complete

13-Jul-2005 Apple Store Mail-In Repair Various shutdown/crashing
Repair Complete

Also, as of 7 april they (Applecare / CS) have no more 15" G4 powerbook avail for replacements. What they are offering is the 17" or smaller upgraded powerbooks as replacements. Now here is where they listen out for your reply and make the decsion. You pretty much gotta come straight forward and let them know that the 15" is what all your accessories are for and is just the right size for portability, etc you get the idea. Now since they don't have the 15" macbook Pro avail and you have to be on a waiting list you'll have to ask if they would call an Apple store and set up the exchange with that store manager.
Also, even is the store does have the 15" Powerbook like the Fashion Valley store in San Diego, it doesn't matter because Applecare has to replace the one the store gives you with an identical one.

Hope this helps..... to much typing and getting all muffled so i'm going to stop now....

vinster
Senior User
Apr 11, 2006, 01:14 AM

I've got another idea, wanted to know what you guys thought.

What if I talked to the Apple Store I bought this from, tell them all the issues, and demand they replace it.

Will I get anywhere with that?
I don't think so. Apple does everything out of their support database and your PB's serial number is tied to your case history. You'll probably experience the same result at a store (i.e. we'll pack it up and send it to the mother ship for repairs).

Just a thought, but perhaps at some point in your dealings with support/customer relations you got ID'd as someone who's only looking for an upgrade and this may have put a negative disposition on your situation. There's no doubt, however, that you've been terribly inconvenienced by all the back and forth with your repairs. I think you should try again for a repair but ask for some good will in the form of an iPod, Apple Store voucher, etc. If you're still having problems after that, keep sending it back. It is costly for Apple to overnight boxes and pay technicians to look at your computer, which is also something you should bring to their attention.

Keep us updated.

volcano
Senior User
Apr 11, 2006, 01:42 AM

just a suggestion, that if you want apple care to fix something it would help to have applecare.. but whatever...
You're speaking a bunch of nonsense.

He explicitly stated his Powerbook is only three months old.

You are fully aware that every new Apple computer comes with a complimentary 1-year warranty, right? This covers everything Screech has spoken of. Granted, technically his 90-day phone support will end soon - but the fact remains that all Apple products automatically carry a 1 year warranty from the original date of purchase.

Yes, if he wanted to, he could easily purchase AppleCare and add 2 more years to that warranty - for a total of 3 years. His phone support would also be extended for three years. But still, he has up until his 1 year complimentary warranty expires to decide whether or not he wants to extend his warranty coverage.

Make sense?

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by volcano
You're speaking a bunch of nonsense.
i was making a suggestion... get a hobby, take prozac, calm down, he can take the suggestion or not. no need for your pointless rant.
Computers:

buddy1065
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 11, 2006, 03:01 AM

I should have mentioned from the beginning to deal with an Apple store. Have them get a physical record of any exterior damage before sending it in. They could not fix a screen issue twice and the third time my Powerbook was replaced, no hassle. Talk to them first and make sure they abide by the three strikes rule.

dndog
Apr 11, 2006, 06:32 AM

Just a thought, but perhaps at some point in your dealings with support/customer relations you got ID'd as someone who's only looking for an upgrade and this may have put a negative disposition on your situation.
This could very well be the reality.

You have no choice but to play their repair game. I highly recommend you handle all of this at the Genius Bar in your nearest Apple Store.

Demanding an upgrade for a brand new computer will not happen very easily, because otherwise many users who bought a powerbook last year would love to have a free swap to a new MBP.

Sorry for your troubles, and good luck with getting them fixed. Your case will be better made when an Apple Rep from the Genius Bar says himself that you need a replacement.
(sold)12" 1.33ghz iBook G4 512mb Ram [my first osx mac, way too slow]
(sold)15" 1.67ghz 1gig Ram Powerbook [I need more power a.k.a. Macbook]
15" 1.83ghz 1gig Ram MacBook Pro

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2006, 08:53 AM

Ok, well I told him I wouldn't do it, I have to change my mind again i guess.

wtmcgee
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 09:12 AM

You DO realize every new mac gets 1 year of free apple care right? I'm sure you knew that.

volcano
Senior User
Apr 11, 2006, 01:15 PM

i was making a suggestion... get a hobby, take prozac, calm down, he can take the suggestion or not. no need for your pointless rant.
It was not a rant - I was simply correcting your error.

You made it sound as if Screech has to purchase an extended AppleCare warranty in order to get his laptop repaired/replaced, when he doesn't. It automatically has a 1 year warranty from Apple.

MARINEOSX
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 01:37 PM

I Must say that sucks. I can tell you that I had done the same thing as you. I bought a 15" the night before christmas eve. I got it home and it wouldnt turn on. I messed with it for a while and it finally turned on. I ccalled apple and told them and they said to take it back to them when they opened. This is like an hour from where I live. It is not a short drive. I took it to them after I found out that there where other issues with certain apps. I ended up in there for almost 10 hours and they came to the conclusion that the software diss that came with the machine where bad and gave me a new set. I asked them if they could replace it so that I would not have to deal with anything while I was here in Iraq and they said sorry we can only return it and it will be a 10% restocking fee. This is retarded 200 bucks so that I can get you to switch out a 3 day old laptop that is F*&^^% out of the box I said. He said yes and I said what ever and left. Hopping that nothing would go wrong I brought it with me. I have to tell you it just got worse and worse. I had it crash on me at least 4-10 times a day. Always saying system failure. I called them a couple times explaied them the situation and they sent me a replacement but upgraded me to the 17" and it is not that bad compared to the 15" I thought that it would be to big but it is not as bad as I thought. I like it a lot and I now have issues with it as far as the USB ports go. I dont get it. You buy the nice PowerBook that is there PowerHouse and the iBook I have had for 3 years and is 4 years old can do something so basic as to power a hard drive and this 2500 dollar computer cant. HMMMMM. Maybe I should have got a PC while I was out here. At least I would not have been let down. But then I mess with a brand new PC and just get frustrated cause it cant do a Damn thing. I know how you feel. I would suggest telling them nicely that you cant afford to have it repaired again and come back to you still having problems anymore. Tell them that you tried to get it replaced right after you bought it but they would not and you feel that apple is letting you down and that you hope they can reapair this uncertainty in the company. Basically the truth of how you are feeling. I know the feeling trust me. Very frusterating. Good luck.
Bless those that sacrifice for us all.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 02:14 PM

It was not a rant - I was simply correcting your error.

You made it sound as if Screech has to purchase an extended AppleCare warranty in order to get his laptop repaired/replaced, when he doesn't. It automatically has a 1 year warranty from Apple.
not what i said. he said his machine is about 3 months old, which by my count means his 90 day phone support is up or going to be in no time, if he's going to be making all the phone calls asking for a new computer it would help... like i said before you need to like chill get a hobby and like get out and do stuff because you are seeing things on the screen that aint there and reacting a bit too strongly to suggestions.
------------------
anyway, still had a question, why not send the machine in for repair, its not like its getting much use now and its not like its going to cost you money to send it in?
Computers:

villalobos
Mac Elite
Apr 11, 2006, 02:24 PM

Why should he get AppleCare since hie PB is only 3 month old? I don't get it.

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 11, 2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by villalobos
Why should he get AppleCare since hie PB is only 3 month old? I don't get it.
i suggested it because he seems to talk with apple over the phone rather than via email... and after 90 days you dont have anymore phone support, at that point you are supposed to either go to the store or use the web.
Computers:

volcano
Senior User
Apr 11, 2006, 04:44 PM

not what i said. he said his machine is about 3 months old, which by my count means his 90 day phone support is up or going to be in no time, if he's going to be making all the phone calls asking for a new computer it would help...
Please enlighten me as to where you specifically say, "Your 90-day phone support is going to expire soon." :

Oh - that's right, you didn't say it. In fact, I was the one who brought up that little tidbit of information.

[..] because you are seeing things on the screen that aint there [...]
That would be you, not me.

You can at least admit that your original post regarding AppleCare coverage was ambiguous. A lot of people don't know that their phone support ends in 90 days after the original purchase date - and you can't assume that they do.

Homer1946
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 11, 2006, 10:39 PM

Given the fact that he has an active case number and an ongoing issue I do not think he will be charged for phone support.

Even if he were it would take many phone calls to justify paying for AppleCare.

Just keep calling and sending your machine in, and be VERY polite. It will work out.
-R

I know I have no life and I can prove it at http://slicedapple.ath.cx/

tcphoto
Apr 12, 2006, 08:39 AM

I had a similiar problem with a Mac and dealt with Jeanne Touluose. I would send the computer back and see if they can repair it. You have no choice but to play by their rules. Do not buy AppleCare because if they cannot fix it, it will be replaced and that money is gone. Odds are, if the third attempt does not work a replacement will be offered. If the 1.67 is no longer available a MBP will be the next option. Yes, it is painful and you've invested a lot of time and you've been without a computer for quite a while. But, ultimately Apple will make it right... eventually.

HellionNecrosis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 12, 2006, 05:49 PM

Man, I'm so glad I didn't have to go through all what some of you had to go through. Honestly though right now I am really hating this MBP just for the fact that I can't use my EVDO card with it. I have however gotten Sprint to suspend "hold" the account until they release the new express card so I won't be charged the $60 month.
Now getting them to do that was a REAL CHORE! I just ended up telling them, hey I'm not trying to get out of contract, but I got a new upgraded Notebook and it ain't my fault that manuf. are selling new notebooks with this "new" slot and Wireless Accessories. providers/makers are not up to pace. When they do come out with the compatible product i'll start back. Worked for me so all in all I'm a happy camper!

skyman
Mac Elite
Apr 14, 2006, 12:03 PM

Man, I'm so glad I didn't have to go through all what some of you had to go through. Honestly though right now I am really hating this MBP just for the fact that I can't use my EVDO card with it. I have however gotten Sprint to suspend "hold" the account until they release the new express card so I won't be charged the $60 month.
Now getting them to do that was a REAL CHORE! I just ended up telling them, hey I'm not trying to get out of contract, but I got a new upgraded Notebook and it ain't my fault that manuf. are selling new notebooks with this "new" slot and Wireless Accessories. providers/makers are not up to pace. When they do come out with the compatible product i'll start back. Worked for me so all in all I'm a happy camper!
You should have checked to make sure it would be compatible before buying the MBP.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 15, 2006, 08:49 PM

I'll trade you a 1GHz TiBook w/ 1GB RAM & Superdrive and a pristine screen for your yucky MBP. The TiBook as a standard PC card slot, so your EVDO card will work...

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2006, 02:26 AM

Please enlighten me as to where you specifically say, "Your 90-day phone support is going to expire soon." :

Oh - that's right, you didn't say it. In fact, I was the one who brought up that little tidbit of information.

That would be you, not me.

You can at least admit that your original post regarding AppleCare coverage was ambiguous. A lot of people don't know that their phone support ends in 90 days after the original purchase date - and you can't assume that they do.
dude seriously calm down, its not a life or death issue, if it is you need to get out more and get some prozac... i was very clear i was making a suggestion, now if you had doubts about why you could of asked, but that might be too much to ask of someone in your emotion state. let it go, go have some coffee, the guy seems clear about what his wants, and you going on the offensive of things that a sane person would not, will not help him...
Computers:

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 16, 2006, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Homer1946
Given the fact that he has an active case number and an ongoing issue I do not think he will be charged for phone support.

Even if he were it would take many phone calls to justify paying for AppleCare.

Just keep calling and sending your machine in, and be VERY polite. It will work out.
i hope so, when i had my ibook, they were rather insistant that i have applecare before they would help. i dont remember if i had a standing case number, but it seems reasonable that apple could continue to take calls if one had an open case number... i just dont know how reasonable they have been in his case....

that said i had to send my own MBP in, its been in repair for like 4 days now...
Computers:

dissapointed
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 16, 2006, 08:31 AM

Take prozac, get a hobby? Haha. That advice is as good as your advice posted here. Your advice is crap, admit it! Somebody corrected you're ridiculous suggestion, instead of having a spastic attack tiger woods style, why dont you just move on. Why on earth would someone pay for applecare to get their broken computer fixed inside of the warranty period? It has nothing to do with phone support. He's not ringing up to ask what the command key looks like, he's trying to get his computer fixed. nothing to do with phone support. So it's not a pointless rant, it's correcting your ill thought out suggestion that makes no sense. And before you suggest prozac or a hobby for my daring to question your infinite wisdom, let me inform you that i have a full time job, a girlfriend, i study part time, box two nights a week, surf most weekends with my mates, hit the pub on friday night, enjoy reading a good book, doing work around the house, keeping my plants alive, riding my bike, hitting golf balls at the driving range etc etc. I.e., I'm contented (i dont need prozac), i've got plenty of hobbies and i still think your suggestion is full of crap. ahhhhhhhhh

drewcifer
Forum Regular
Apr 16, 2006, 10:07 AM

you're a tool.

dndog
Apr 16, 2006, 12:42 PM

You guys, calm down!

There is absolutely no reason to purchase apple care, as despite the fact that phone calls expire after 90 days, he has a current ongoing issue. Since he made a phone call about this issue during hte 90 day period, he will be able to talk to apple about this issue until it is fixed, even if it continues after the 90 days.

Keep it civil folks.
(sold)12" 1.33ghz iBook G4 512mb Ram [my first osx mac, way too slow]
(sold)15" 1.67ghz 1gig Ram Powerbook [I need more power a.k.a. Macbook]
15" 1.83ghz 1gig Ram MacBook Pro

onlykaria
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2006, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by dndog
You guys, calm down!

There is absolutely no reason to purchase apple care, as despite the fact that phone calls expire after 90 days, he has a current ongoing issue. Since he made a phone call about this issue during hte 90 day period, he will be able to talk to apple about this issue until it is fixed, even if it continues after the 90 days.

Keep it civil folks.

i have definitely remained calm, one would not think a suggestion would get this kind of reaction... but just because i'm calm doesn't mean others will be.

ultimately he will do what he likes, he has many, many options, he will choose the ones that seem best to him.

i sent in my macbook and got it back this morning, works great, better than new because now there is no whine and hopefully no more kernel panics...
Computers:

HellionNecrosis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 18, 2006, 08:23 PM

Wow, to see where this thread has ended up. bickering about applecare.
Well, just to clarify as my statement was before.. all in all I'm a happy camper with my non compatible s620 card for my MBP. For now phone tethering is working out fine.

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 22, 2006, 09:26 AM

I sent the notebook in again, guys. It's been repaired (yeah, right) and Nate is looking at it.

tcphoto
Apr 22, 2006, 07:51 PM

Bottom line, how many times have you sent it in? I believe that three attempts should be the limit.

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 23, 2006, 09:33 AM

I couldn't get through all the posts, but have you actually filed a complaint with the BBB yet? It doesn't help to threaten a customer service person on the phone that you will do it. Just do it and then Apple will get the paperwork and have to address it in some way or another. It doesn't cost anything, except for some time to formulate what has happened and exactly what you demand should happen. It can be done online too.

Screech  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 26, 2006, 08:02 PM

7th time sent in. Got it back, still have the problem.

He wants us to go to the Apple Store to test it. What the hell is this guy's problem?

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 27, 2006, 02:36 AM

I'd say he doesn't believe you. You've probably been flagged and now they think you're delusional or something.

Forum Links
Forum Rules