Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Broken Powerbook G4 15" Aluminum.

WTB: Broken Powerbook G4 15" Aluminum.
Jerman
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 28, 2006, 03:42 AM

I guess the title tells all... Looking for any broken aluminum 15" Powerbook. Lemme know whatcha got. System does not have to even boot, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with the screen on my 1.33 ghz.

chipchen
Mac Elite
Feb 28, 2006, 04:01 AM

What are the symptoms? Does it turn on at all? What shows up on the LCD? Does the computer chime when you turn it on? Etc.

Jerman  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 28, 2006, 04:15 AM

Well, I guess it would be better to say the screen is cracked. May want to replace other parts as well though. HD recently died, etc. So, to have a broken machine for parts would rock.

tabascowilliams
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 16, 2006, 09:12 PM

I have a powerbook that only works when plugged into the ac adapter, it also has some cosmetic damage, but aside from those two problems it is perfect, one of the last ones before the MacBook Pro came out, it is less than 5 months old. I am very eager to sell it and buy a MacBook, I can post pics if you want them, no problem.

Jerman  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 17, 2006, 01:47 AM

I would be interested in pics. I actually replaced the screen in that machine and sold it, but may be interested in this... PM me and we can talk.

Forum Links
Forum Rules