Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > status of the giftshop idea [revisited]

status of the giftshop idea [revisited]
milhous
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 03:42 AM

ladies and gents:

i'm trully sorry to bring this subject up time after again in hopes of getting a MacNN giftshop up and running. but a simple yes or no answer would suffice.

i love macnn and i'm a regular of the site. and quite frankly, i wouldn't mind supporting macnn in someway to help go towards making the service better etc. like buying a shirt !

nobody likes banners or pop-ups much. so why not start to lean away from advertising revenue (banner ads / pop-ups for money) and more tangible assets from macnn business / services?

it just makes sense and it's simple to do.
F = ma

kaceygones
Senior User
Apr 28, 2002, 11:16 AM

Oh, I agree 100%!

I'd love a long sleeve tee that said MacNN on it.
I'd even wear it while I post on other Mac boards!

And the possibilities are endless...
Shirts, sweatshirts, hats, pens, key chains, mouse pads, coffee cups, you name it.
Wouldn't it be too cool to see someone else with something that said MacNN on it? I feel surrounded by Windows users, I'd love to see more Mac fans out there. And if it cut down the number of ads on the board, that would be added benefit.

I'd wear mine proudly!
kacey

Out of curiosity, though...
What does the NN stand for?
I've always wondered that.

Adam Betts
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 28, 2002, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by kaceygones:
<STRONG>Out of curiosity, though...
I've always wondered that.</STRONG>
Mac News Network

gumby5647
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2002, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by kaceygones:
<STRONG>Oh, I agree 100%!

I'd love a long sleeve tee that said MacNN on it.
I'd even wear it while I post on other Mac boards!

And the possibilities are endless...
Shirts, sweatshirts, hats, pens, key chains, mouse pads, coffee cups, you name it.
Wouldn't it be too cool to see someone else with something that said MacNN on it? I feel surrounded by Windows users, I'd love to see more Mac fans out there. And if it cut down the number of ads on the board, that would be added benefit.

I'd wear mine proudly!
kacey

Out of curiosity, though...
I've always wondered that.</STRONG>
as long as i can get it with my user name and "addicted to MacNN" along with my stars , on it.

ill pay money for stuff like that.
AIM: bmichel5581
MacBook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM
160GB

Nick
Apr 28, 2002, 11:09 PM

We'll be finishing up some large backend (and front end) upgrades over the next week. We've a couple other projects on the go was well, but this sounds like an interesting idea and we will look into the possibility over the next few weeks and months leading up to MWNY -- as for MWNY-specific items (t-shits etc.), it's impossible to say what will happened between now and then.

milhous  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2002, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Nick:
<STRONG>We'll be finishing up some large backend (and front end) upgrades over the next week. We've a couple other projects on the go was well, but this sounds like an interesting idea and we will look into the possibility over the next few weeks and months leading up to MWNY -- as for MWNY-specific items (t-shits etc.), it's impossible to say what will happened between now and then.</STRONG>
One avenue that MacNN may want to pursue is Cafe Press which is completely turnkey and free.

Once designs are made, it would take absolutely no time at all to get a MacNN store opened up and ready for business. So if you guys are too busy and need some help, we're more that willing to come to your aid. We don't bite and we're completely safe and non-toxic.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: milhous ]
F = ma

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Apr 29, 2002, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by milhous:
<STRONG>

One avenue that MacNN may want to pursue is Cafe Press which is completely turnkey and free.

Once designs are made, it would take absolutely no time at all to get a MacNN store opened up and ready for business. So if you guys are too busy and need some help, we're more that willing to come to your aid. We don't bite and we're completely safe and non-toxic.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: milhous ]</STRONG>
Thanks for the sentiment.

Ditto what Nick said.
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

Forum Links
Forum Rules