Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.1 Upgrade CD - Not Sent?

OS 9.1 Upgrade CD - Not Sent?
Bobby
Feb 4, 2001, 10:31 AM

Its been a few weeks since I've sent in the request for an OS 9.1 update CD, with my proof of purchase yet I still haven't received it and its looking like the credit card info I sent along with it never got charged.

I'm beginning to believe at this point that my order may have some how got lost (or something along that line). I'm wondering if anybody else is still waiting for their CD. I sent for it within a couple days of the release...

------------------

WDL
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2001, 01:11 PM

Hope you made a photocopy of the completed form, as Apple recommends, since they
have disclaimers on the form saying they are not responsible for anything that goes wrong
with an order.

WDL

Bobby
Feb 4, 2001, 01:18 PM

I'm not really worried about that since the charge hasn't even posted to my credit card. I'm just wondering if I should re-send the request or hold off a bit longer...

------------------

Footy
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2001, 02:17 PM

Hello!

I got my 9.1 CD in about 3 weeks (maybe a few day longer). I would wait a few more days before freaking out.

Lloyd Francis

Art D
Feb 4, 2001, 02:39 PM

Hi Bobby,

It's been about three weeks for me and I haven't received my CD yet either. However, Apple states on the order form to allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. As for it not showing up on your charge card yet, that's normal. Apple should not charge you until they actually send the CD.

Art

WDL
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2001, 02:48 PM

Potential problem is - how many of those coupons that qualify for
the discount price have you got?

WDL

Jsnuff1
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2001, 03:05 PM

i got a question about this 9.1 update, apple says that you can only get it if you purchased a computer after january something 2001, i got my g4 tower in october, does this mean i cant get the update?

bil207
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2001, 04:21 PM

If you have the update coupon that came with the purchase of any Mac that had any version of OS9 you can get the $19.95 full version of OS9.1 cd.I bought my Mac in May and have recieved the OS9.1 cd. http://www.apple.com/macos/

Feb 4, 2001, 07:43 PM

You can call them up and ask about your order. The number is

800-293-6617

There's an automated reply based on your phone number, or you can
talk to a human, maybe.

Unfortunately, when I called them last week, the answer was that they
were "out of stock" and did not know when they would be filling my order
of several weeks ago. The human even said the no CD's had been shipped
so far, but this does not seem to be true, as I've seen several reports
of people getting them.

Doc Juansinn
Senior User
Feb 4, 2001, 10:07 PM

Greetings,
I'll add my bah humbug to this thread too. I sent my order in three weeks ago and still haven't received the CD yet. Sometimes it can take awhile. My 9.0.4 CD arrived in about two weeks. My 8.6 (or maybe it was the 8.5.1 CD) full install CD took almost eight weeks. It's just good to know that I'm not alone.
"Why did this thread cross the line? Because its **** got stuck in a chicken." - Demonhood

Gabriel Morales
Feb 5, 2001, 03:11 AM

I still haven't got my 9.1 CD, but I did send my order in on the 10th of February. I sent a check, though. Hopefully, it'll get here soon. I plan to simply wipe the Hard Drive and install Mac OS 9.1 directly. It's good to start anew sometimes.

In case it does take much longer, at least it'll give me more time to organize and backup my data.

Don't worry, it'll get there. It just takes a while.

------------------
Gabriel Morales http://GabrielMorales.net/

Forum Links
Forum Rules