Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > blackbook slow Wireless

blackbook slow Wireless
bac2mac
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 11:43 AM

I bought my blackbook about 6 months ago and have just moved into a new place were we use a linksys G router for cable internet. For some reason my macbook's wireless is really slow, and sometimes fails to load pages. The pc's on the network are fine and are a fast a it should be. Is this a common problem? How can i speed it up?? This is the first time i have had this problem with it. Thanks!
MacBook 2.0Ghz Intel

bac2mac  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2007, 11:46 AM

opps, wrong forum
MacBook 2.0Ghz Intel

quiklee
Senior User
Feb 2, 2007, 05:13 AM

just in case no one has figured out the problem for you . . here's my 2cts

if you're located in an area with a lot of wireless hotspots, then you might want to consider changing the channels on your router. A lot of routers come stock set at Channel 6, so most likely, everyone around you has it set on Channel 6, so change it and you will get a more consistent wireless signal.

Hope that helps!
I am part of Lakers Nation and love to buy Used Golf Clubs

Hi I'm Ben
Mac Elite
Feb 6, 2007, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by bac2mac View Post
I bought my blackbook about 6 months ago and have just moved into a new place were we use a linksys G router for cable internet. For some reason my macbook's wireless is really slow, and sometimes fails to load pages. The pc's on the network are fine and are a fast a it should be. Is this a common problem? How can i speed it up?? This is the first time i have had this problem with it. Thanks!
I'd believe it's a problem with your Router. I know that sounds dumb -- but I promise that's probably what it is. Router's don't usually have a restocking fee I'd try purchasing a new one to see if your current one may be on the fritz.

Forum Links
Forum Rules