Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Agent 18 Video Shield Thoughts

Agent 18 Video Shield Thoughts
TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2006, 01:18 PM

I just got my Agent 18 Video Shield and I like it so far but, there are a couple of concerns I have.

1. For some reason there seems to be a little bit of moisture trapped under the case on both sides of the click wheel that I cannot get rid of no matter how much I try to wipe it off.

2. It's almost impossible to keep it from getting dust under the case cause as soon as you wipe the dust off, it's like a magnet and dust is back before you can get the case on again.

Does anyone else have this case that would care to comment about it? I'm not sure how I'll get the moisture spots out.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2006, 02:45 PM

I have received it just now while reading this. I'll comment about it later.

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb
I have received it just now while reading this. I'll comment about it later.
Sweet deal. Do you have the Black or White iPod?

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Feb 7, 2006, 03:25 PM

i have three, 1 for my 60-30-nano. love it!

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 7, 2006, 04:32 PM

Mines is a white iPod, I like the Agent 18, it doesn't add any bulk, firstly I though the Agent 18 was totally clear, but it isn't, not a flop since the iPod looks great anyway. I was looking for some protection 'out of the case', so I got the Artwizz's ScratchStopper, an adhesive film protection, absurdly easy to apply. But these items (the case and the adhesives) are freaking expensive, don't you think so? I know, they care about your iPod

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 7, 2006, 04:45 PM

Nobody is getting moisture spots or weird dark spots under their cases?

crooner
Senior User
Feb 7, 2006, 09:19 PM

Spaz,
is your 'Pod black and are you using one of the available protective films to cover the front of the iPod underneath the Agent 18?

If so, that's what is causing the "wet spots." I get them, too, on almost every clear case I've tried. The cover is pressing down hard against the film and creating that shiny spot that appears like a bit of moisture. The one clear case I've tried that looks absolutely pristine with a film on the iPod is...

(drum roll, please...)

The Power Support Crystal Jacket. Which comes with...

(another drum roll, please...)

A set of Crystal Film and a 3-D wheel film cover. If you want the most minimalist look that lets the coolness of your iPod show through, the Power Support is the only way to go.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

mrgaskell
Senior User
Feb 8, 2006, 03:23 AM

I bought mine at the Apple Store when I picked up my Black 30GB iPod video. I just left the iPod wrapper on and put it in the case, then cut the tab at the bottom

Works like a charm and you can hardly notice any "wet" spots at all.
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

TheSpaz  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 8, 2006, 10:15 AM

I do not have a protective film under the case. My Agent 18 case has done this from day one with the first time I put it on... but, I have found a temporary fix for this problem. Simply, place your iPod on a hard surface with the Agent 18 case fully on. Then, press down on the very bottom of the case until the bubbles disappear. As long as you don't press down on it near the clickwheel you should be spot free.

fibroptikl
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2006, 02:46 PM

My dad is picking me up one today, and I'm gonna go get my iPod later on. Not sure on the 30 or 60GB yet.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 13, 2006, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by fibroptikl
My dad is picking me up one today, and I'm gonna go get my iPod later on. Not sure on the 30 or 60GB yet.
Please note there are different versions of the Agent 18 case, one aimed to 30 GB iPod, another one to 60 GB iPod.

I am really happy with this Agent 18 case.

fibroptikl
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 13, 2006, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb
Please note there are different versions of the Agent 18 case, one aimed to 30 GB iPod, another one to 60 GB iPod.

I am really happy with this Agent 18 case.
Yes, I am aware of that.

Forum Links
Forum Rules