Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Has anyone purchased a backpack that protected a 15.4" notebook but for a 12" PB?

Has anyone purchased a backpack that protected a 15.4" notebook but for a 12" PB?
Flagheimer
Oct 6, 2007, 02:30 PM

I know there's a Backpack sticky thread at the top, but I don't think a lot of people check that out all the time and I need a backpack that can house my 12-inch PB ASAP, I hate lugging around my backpack and a notebook briefcase around campus.

I'm actually looking at the B&M store's online counterparts like Wal-Mart.com and Officemax.com and just hoping they have them in stock at the actual store.

But all I see are backpacks that protect notebooks with screens up to 15.4", has anyone purchased a backpack that protected a 15.4" notebook but for a 12" and was fine? Any suggestions? I'm shopping later today. Thanks!

MrForgetable
Mac Elite
Oct 6, 2007, 02:35 PM

I would try and find a regular MacBook cover.. it seems like it might slip around in there if it's not snug enough.
iamwhor3hay

SierraDragon
Mac Elite
Oct 7, 2007, 11:25 AM

Peruse the links at the sticky thread and you will find a case. That is why it is there.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 7, 2007, 03:40 PM

The bag and backpack sticky thread seems to get plenty of traffic-and it's not like there are a lot of changes in the market.

I use a North Face Yavapai backpack; it has a built in sleeve that's big enough for my 15" MBP.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

iREZ
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2007, 12:09 PM

spam? <it was, but I took care of it. Glenn>

regarding the OP question, i once used a backpack made for a 15.4" laptop for my 12" powerbook and i have to say it was pretty great, i used to keep my powerbook in a sleeve, and then i'd slide it with the sleeve on into the notebook compartment and it worked wonderfully. i never worried in the rain or when i would have somebody bump into me. after the zipper busted on it, i went out and bought another 15" notebook bag (timbuk 2 commute) and used it in the same fashion till i got my mbp which i could still use with my bag (just no sleeve).

i recommend the timbuk 2 commute to ANY body who likes messenger bags and needs to lug around a notebook.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

phoenix78
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 21, 2007, 11:19 PM

STM brand is fantastic IMO. Very stylish and great products. I own an STM backpack with the middle compartment a dedicated laptop compartment.

Krumpler is another very good brand... a little on the pricey side but their products are guaranteed for 10 yrs. they are also stylish too.

Forum Links
Forum Rules