Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPod touch case

iPod touch case
bearcatrp
Senior User
Sep 15, 2007, 01:36 PM

Anyone with a touch find a nice case for it yet? Hate ordering over the net not knowing if it will fit properly or not.
Randy
2010 Mac Mini, 32GB iPod Touch, 2 Apple TV (1)
Home built 12 core 2.93 Westmere PC (almost half the cost of MP) Win7 64.

Hanul
Forum Regular
Sep 17, 2007, 07:45 AM

The Apple Store lists the iPod Socks as the only "case" for the iPod touch...

theDreamer
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 17, 2007, 11:07 AM

I am sure it will take some time before we start seeing iPod touch cases, since the iPod touch is slightly different than the iPhone they will have to redesign the iPhone cases to be smaller.

It is dreams that will survive, for a dream is immortal.

Duncan88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2007, 12:54 PM

I'm pretty sure these are already shipping. I have several bags and cases from this company and the quality of their stuff is exceptional. They have three options. (I ordered all three - I'm an admitted bag/case addict....)

http://www.sfbags.com/products/ipods...dsmartcase.htm

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphon...travelcase.htm

http://www.sfbags.com/products/ipods...uedejacket.htm

jennjay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 2, 2007, 03:53 PM

Got an Ok leather slip- in case from amazon.com made by Incipio for my Touch. I will probably upgrade to Belkin case or ezcase when they are available. Search ipod touch case on amazon.com . The name of the case is Orion.

bearcatrp  (op)
Senior User
Oct 2, 2007, 07:47 PM

Found a case made for a small digital camera. Made by sony. Found it at best buy. Fits in nice and snug. Has a little zipper pouch on front, and a belt clip. 20 bucks.
Randy
2010 Mac Mini, 32GB iPod Touch, 2 Apple TV (1)
Home built 12 core 2.93 Westmere PC (almost half the cost of MP) Win7 64.

eddy264
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Duncan88 View Post
This is a really good case. I ordered it and already received it and it fits great.

jamiegallo
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2007, 04:29 PM

I found great iPod Touch cases at Cases for the iPod Touch. I have found their cases to be very high quality at affordable prices. They fit extremely well. And, they will personalize your case for free.

anogee
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 16, 2007, 12:43 PM

Check out this one:
XtremeMac iPod touch Cases :: MicroShield� Plus for iPod touch :: Crystal clear case with belt clip & kickstand
Not available quite yet, but I've used their other cases on other iPod and they do the job.

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Nov 16, 2007, 01:01 PM

Speck's cases are usually pretty good, but I don't know if their cases are shipping yet.
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.16 (Black)
iPod classic 160GB
iPhone 8GB

mr hobbs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 4, 2007, 08:09 PM

i just received this case

ezGear - Never Let the entertainment Stop

friggin' awesome!

macofan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 10, 2007, 06:17 AM

Ice33
Dec 20, 2007, 11:35 PM

I think I am going with this one

Showcase
The only draw back I see is that it does not come with a screen protector so I'd have to buy one from another company.

danny520
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2008, 06:03 AM

well, i just got my ipod touch for christmas. It is very good. However i belive that apple could have made it even better. For example you can not add events on the calender why? thats what you do with a calender is it not? Another thing that it is lacking is the bluetooth. I can understand that they didnt have to keep cost lower but i would have happly paided the difference! However the functions that are with are excellent and i would recommend getting it. But i wouldnt spend all your money i would say get the 8GB.

And today I've found my cool ipod touch case online occasionally!This Blue heart pattern and handy design makes my ipod touch be much more attractive for . This unique case gives my iPod Touch a great look and style.And it is supposed to give your ipod Touch protection from scratches and minor drops.Dust resistant and keep dust from absorbing on the iPod Touch protector case for much static charge.Aha,Perfect collocation,Does it?IMO, it is a great accessorie for a Apple iPod Touch owner to have.This is my ipod touch case:

If you want 2 get a beautiful ipod touch case like me,I suggest you go to Blue Heart Deluxe Plastic Hard Case Holder for iPod Touch, Touch Protector Case thare are hundred of cases there! Hope u guys like it!

Sincerely I think they're just overpriced a little! So do my friends.But Don't listen to anyone. If u've got the money go for the touch as well as the phone too. Its ur life man!!! If u dont then nobody can help u.

And only one thinger want 2 complaint:The company claims that the Touch can play music for up to 22 hours and video for up to five hours on a single battery charge, even with Wi-Fi turned on. But in my tests, using factory settings, music playback lasted just under 17 hours and video playback lasted just over four hours. Nearly every other iPod I’ve tested, including the new Nano, handily beat Apple’s battery claims.

Despite these downsides, the Touch is a great media player, and the iPod remains the best end-to-end portable solution for playing and purchasing music and video.

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2008, 10:00 AM

Speck | ArmorSkin Case for iPod touch

Got it, love it. Highly recommend it.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 25, 2008, 10:11 AM

I highly recommend Best Skins Ever.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Kholinar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2008, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by danny520 View Post
well, i just got my ipod touch for christmas. It is very good. However i belive that apple could have made it even better. For example you can not add events on the calender why? thats what you do with a calender is it not?
Hmmm... have you updated at all? Apple added events to the calendar just a day or two after christmas.

danny520
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2008, 08:53 PM

Forgive me,god! That's such a funny thinger!
Thanks for u kindly prompt.,Kholinar. I'll get it upddate rightnow.
Macnn.com is really a good place for apple lovers. I think I should communicate with others like u more,thy for ur help! fellow!

cybergoober
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2008, 08:57 PM

After reading some reviews at iLounge, I went with DLO | Action Jacket for iPod touch | Product. Came with an arm band and belt clip.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Mar 25, 2008, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by danny520 View Post
well, i just got my ipod touch for christmas. It is very good.
This is pretty late to announce what you just got for Christmas, isn't it?

Glad you enjoy the 'NN, you can indeed learn and contribute a lot to Apple users' knowledge.

Kholinar
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2008, 01:16 PM

danny520,

Yeah, I had read a lot about the Touch before I got mine at Christmas. I updated the next day, then it took me several weeks to realize that I could add events. I had read so much about how I couldn't do so, that it completely blinded me to the little + symbol.

Hope you enjoy it.

Duncan88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2008, 02:31 PM

Danny520--hope you are enjoying it, but ahhhhh...gotta say that case is uh, not my style!? I tend to favor the simple, classic look with high functionality. Got my Waterfield's and love 'em. Loving the Touch too.

mjdinsmore
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2008, 10:22 PM

I can recommend this iPod case because its unique, stylish, and protective. There's a variety of different styles that they come in, but each is handmade and built with fine wood.

These wood cases are environmentally friendly ways to avoid wrapping your iPod Touch in some common, generic plastic case. Check them out at http://mjdinsmore.etsy.com

Lionsblade
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2008, 10:50 PM

I'm a fan of my incase slider case for my Touch-it's hard plastic that covers the back of the device, and has openings for the hold switch, the dock connector, and the headphone jack. The bottom centimetre or slides off to get the case on, but also so that you can dock it with speakers or the universal dock, etc. I use it in conjunction with a protective film for the screen. It's very minimal, and slips right in the pocket, which is why I like it. It does, however, provide a couple of millimeters of hard plastic protection for my Touch. It does collect fingerprints like nobody's business though. I've dropped it a couple times and it's been fine, there's enough of a lip around the front of the device that if it were to land on it's face the screen wouldn't connect with concrete or whatever.

http://www.goincase.com/products/det...r-case-cl56115

I picked it up at the Apple Store at Keystone in Indianapolis in late June.

jenny08
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 22, 2008, 09:20 PM

after trying a number of cases for my ipods, iphones, etc, i think the best cases are shadescases. and they are cheap too! http://www.shadescases.com

dosequis09
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 29, 2008, 04:28 PM

my dad has the contour case for his iPhone and it is great. I imagine the touch one is just as good. http://www.contourcase.com/hardskin/hardskintouch2g/

Forum Links
Forum Rules