Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Car Charger for MBP?

Car Charger for MBP?
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2006, 02:11 AM

I just ordered a C2D MBP. I see that they have a airline adapter available now which I ordered. My question, is there a car charger available for it? Even if it's 3rd party that's fine as long as it works. I travel some by plane but obvoiusly could get much more use out of a car charger.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 25, 2006, 07:36 AM

Nope.

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

buddy1065
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 25, 2006, 08:58 AM

An alternative is the car DC to AC converters they sell at Radio shack and other places. Some look VERY small, not brick like at all; you plug them directly into the cigarrette lighter of your vehicle. But I suppose you run the risk of possible damage and warranty voiding to your laptop since it is not approved by Apple. I have used them during a hurricane power outage with both my laptops and suffered no damage however.

I actually have a car Powerbook charger specifically designed for my Titanium Powerbook but I have no use for it. Besides, I'm not sure I trust it with my 17" Powerbook, though the specs are similar. So there are third party makers out there I think. Have you googled?
( Last edited by buddy1065; Oct 25, 2006 at 09:08 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules