Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Better Colour Ibooks to come?

Better Colour Ibooks to come?
Michel_80
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2003, 12:52 PM

Hi,

After looking at the white Ibooks, I prefered the greyer models (800), so what do you think will be the colour of the next Ibooks? I hope they stop with the cheapish white.

Regards

billybob128
Senior User
May 21, 2003, 02:20 PM

my 800 iBook is about as grey as a monkey

it is blatantly white

MilkmanDan
Mac Elite
May 21, 2003, 04:21 PM

I agree, they're not gray, they are really white. As white as I"ve seen. Apple will probably stay with White, its professional looking, but yet different enough to set the iBooks apart from every other laptop on the market. (Plus we've all moved out of that extreme colored junk years ago, a little too much color, and a little too childish for many)

bradoesch
Professional Poster
May 21, 2003, 07:09 PM

Originally posted by MilkmanDan:
(Plus we've all moved out of that extreme colored junk years ago, a little too much color, and a little too childish for many)
Not everybody.
Once my blueberry iMac DV gets replaced I may loose my attachment to the colors.

Michel_80  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2003, 07:21 PM

When was the last black apple laptop. If I am not mistaken, in the TV series "Sex and the City" there is a black laptop made by Apple. What model was that?

MrNo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 21, 2003, 07:34 PM

That was the previous version of PowerBooks

Originally posted by Michel_80:
When was the last black apple laptop. If I am not mistaken, in the TV series "Sex and the City" there is a black laptop made by Apple. What model was that?

x user
Mac Elite
May 21, 2003, 09:48 PM

The "Pismo" model Powerbook G3's (400mhz and 500mhz) were the last black PB's... Unless you count the iBook 466 (Graphite)

iamnid
Senior User
May 21, 2003, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by x user:
The "Pismo" model Powerbook G3's (400mhz and 500mhz) were the last black PB's... Unless you count the iBook 466 (Graphite)
no, I do not count the graphite ibooks I always thought graphite was more grey than anything else.

Forum Links
Forum Rules