Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Cannot read multi session Toast burned CDR

Cannot read multi session Toast burned CDR
WSKCONDOR
Jan 18, 2004, 05:13 PM

I dropped my TiBook Over Christmas. But worse than that, after extracting the hard drive (which worked initially) it got fried in an external enclosure. (long story, wrong power adapter)
Ok, I backed up files on a CDRW, but I burned them with Toast and now I cannot read the disk.
When the disk is inserted (in a 900 Mhz G3 ibook) it comes up with it's title, but there appears to be NOTHING on the disc. (although when you get info, you see there is about 490MB on it).
So I tried running Toast again and it sees that the disk has two sessions when you go to the disk menu, BUT you still can't read them.
So I tried COPY (in Toast) to see if that would work and it DOES, but it will ONLY copy the FIRST session of the disc, which of course just has two large PDF files that I don't NEED (about 24MB).
I tried Disk utility, and it sees the size of the disk, but says there is an error (2) when you try to "restore" the disc.

Does anyone know of a way to read the second session of a disc if it is not cooperating? And WHY isn't it cooperating? Was the superdrive in my tibook somehow different from an ibook?
Disk Warrier, Drive X, ANYTHING? ANY IDEAS? My thesis is due at the end of February!!
Help!

Forum Links
Forum Rules