Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MacBook C2D Issues: Power Button and Keyboard

MacBook C2D Issues: Power Button and Keyboard
chrisutley
Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2007, 01:10 AM

Two problems with my 3-month old MacBook Core 2 Duo:

1) The MacBook will not power on or wake from sleep with the Power button anymore. I have to use control-option-apple-power to get it to do anything. Often it requires pressing this combo 1-50 times before it reponds.

2) Keyboard keys fail intermittently, without any pattern. Sometimes a letter works, other times it won't. It's not the same letters either, could be any letter. I can type a paragraph without a dropped letter, then all of a sudden I'll have to hit a key 5-10 times before the letter it output. It's crazy ... seems quite random. It doesn't appear to be a load thing either, you know like the machine is hung or something. The mouse continues to work and windows/menus are responsive. It's just the key presses aren't being registered.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure it's time to call Apple and wait for the dreaded foam lined box.
MacBook and iMac Core 2 Duo 24"

frdmfghtr
Senior User
May 9, 2007, 04:41 AM

Sounds like a loose connection somewhere, so I'd make the call to AppleCare.

Forum Links
Forum Rules