Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Pre-ordered items from Apple.com

Pre-ordered items from Apple.com
Duracell
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2007, 10:47 PM

Ahoy, all

I figure this is probably the best place for this!

The iPhone launch is looming in the UK and I'd like to grab one as soon as they're available on the Friday 9th November... but here is where the problem lays - Can't get the day orrrf work and I'm going on holiday on the saturday, for an entire two weeks, damn it, I want my god-damn iPhone on the friday!

Basically, If the iPhone is released on the Friday in retail stores, in all of your infinate wisdom, does this mean Apple.com/uk will SHIP the iPhone on the friday (next day) ready for a delivery on the Monday or will they ship it the day before to get the phone to people on the friday if they choose next day?

Having never pre-ordered anything from Apple on their site, I'm not too sure if it's safe for me to do it or not

Cheers
Macbook Pro 15" Rev: Feb08
iPhone & iPod Touch

20" iMac G5, Mac Mini G4 and an iBook G4, all retired.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 26, 2007, 08:23 AM

When it came out here in the United States, all of the shops had it on June 29th, but the online store only shipped them a little later. If you wanted one that weekend, you had to get one from a store.

I've pre-ordered a lot of stuff from the Apple Store. iPods, etc, that have been pre-announced. Those items arrived at my house the day they arrived in store.
I think Apple wanted a lot of stock of iPhone in stores so that they would not run out too quickly. I assume once flow calmed down and production was up they could start shipping from the factory to people's houses and to Apple's warehouses, and thus filling online orders.

Are iPhones being sold Friday morning, or around 6pm, like they did here? If you're desperate for your phone, pay someone to go hang out in the queue for you.

Duracell  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 26, 2007, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by mdc View Post
When it came out here in the United States, all of the shops had it on June 29th, but the online store only shipped them a little later. If you wanted one that weekend, you had to get one from a store.

I've pre-ordered a lot of stuff from the Apple Store. iPods, etc, that have been pre-announced. Those items arrived at my house the day they arrived in store.
I think Apple wanted a lot of stock of iPhone in stores so that they would not run out too quickly. I assume once flow calmed down and production was up they could start shipping from the factory to people's houses and to Apple's warehouses, and thus filling online orders.

Are iPhones being sold Friday morning, or around 6pm, like they did here? If you're desperate for your phone, pay someone to go hang out in the queue for you.
Thanks!

I might just end up paying someone to go and get me one anyway
Macbook Pro 15" Rev: Feb08
iPhone & iPod Touch

20" iMac G5, Mac Mini G4 and an iBook G4, all retired.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 27, 2007, 01:59 AM

What's up with all the "the" ?

THE Friday ?
THE Saturday ?
THE Monday ?

-t

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 28, 2007, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post