Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook g4 price

Powerbook g4 price
guod
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2008, 06:00 PM

I am looking at a powerbook 12" g4 and it is $375. Is that a fair price? the specs are 1.5GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 60GB Hard Drive, combo drive (small dent but still works, Airport Extreme and bluetooth. Is this fair? Is this above or below market value? Would it be a mistake to buy it? What problems can i expect to have with it?

Thanks
Powerbook G4 w/ 12" 10.4.10

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Nov 9, 2008, 08:13 PM

Sounds like a good price. Since it's getting old, the battery is probably shot. But if it has been taken decent care of, it shouldn't have any major issues.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 11, 2008, 01:28 PM

I'd pay less, just because a G4 is so wildly slow compared to any Intel Mac. You could buy a used first-generation MacBook for not a whole lot more, and it'd be a lot faster and compatible with more software (since Intel-only software is beginning to appear).

Forum Links
Forum Rules