Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook Bruising?

iBook Bruising?
Uisce
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 3, 2003, 01:05 AM

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone else has areas of discoloration under the shell of their iBooks.

I got my iBook 12" 800 CDRW last November, and I have noticed something that seems to be growing on the top of my iBook! Whatever it is, it looks like dark splotches and runs that exist under the outside shell. Here's a drawing:

(hinge)
|
| o___ __
| o_ ___
|___________________|
(latch)

The 'o' is a splotch and the '_' is a line of darkness.

The surface is virtually scratch-free, but where the two blothes are there are very small scratch marks, like the laptop was rubbing up against something.

I usually keep the laptop in a padded slip enclosure that I keep in my bag with my notebooks, etc. I am wondering if this is normal, indicative of anything serious, or just wierd.

Thanks,

Uisce

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 3, 2003, 04:21 AM

I doubt if it could be anything serious -- it is likely that the white paint inside the clear plastic shell has rubbed off a bit in places. Should be purely cosmetic.

Forum Links
Forum Rules