Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Sell-Off Of Iraq

The Sell-Off Of Iraq
SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2005, 12:01 PM

Secret US plans for Iraq's oil

By Greg Palast
Reporting for Newsnight

The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.
More here.

The TV Report.

Difficult not to have some sarcastic comments at this point.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 20, 2005, 12:12 PM

Are you naive enough to think the government doesn't make plans for all kinds of possible future events? I was in the military. That's part of the job--to sit around during peacetime making plans for events that may or may not occur. To do anything less is irresponsible.

You can be sure the government has plans for invading Cuba. We also probably have plans for fighting North Korea, China, Iran, maybe even France or Germany. Who knows?

Chris

zizban
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2005, 12:13 PM

The plans for grabbing Iraq's oil have always been in planning on the right. The fact that Bush carried them out doesn't surprise me.
"In darkness there is strength, therefore strength is darkness."

Dimethyltrypt
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2005, 02:25 PM

Sell off? WTF man... please stop being a communist..... they're honest oil companies, get that? They want our well being before profits.... ok? I'm happy that oil companies exist when I ride my Hummer H2. and if people have to die, it's OK with me. Lots of oil for what? 20k human lives? It's a bargain.

I think you guys are generalizing. The american oil industry is full of honest, hard working men who have families and live according to the American values. You should respect them for bringing you the oil you need.

Not only that, but I say: invade ****ing Venezuela and kill this commie idiot, Chavez, because he does not adhere to capitalism.

And while we're at it, conquer ****ing China before it's too late....

James L
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2005, 02:26 PM

Conquer China? Yeah, that'll happen.

rambo47
Mac Elite
Mar 20, 2005, 04:59 PM

We have plans for first contact with alien life as well. Best not to take these things too seriously. Of course some folks are just itching to dig up some anti-USA poop, so "secret plans" is perfect for their agenda.

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Mar 21, 2005, 02:41 PM

Yeah! Go to any Fire Station and ask for their "Alien Invasion contingency book". They all have them.

Forum Links
Forum Rules