Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Shuffle keeps dying

Shuffle keeps dying
Nelsun
Jul 14, 2005, 12:18 PM

I gave my boss an iPod Shuffle and it died about the 5th time he used it. Got it replaced at the Apple store and this second one died after the first usage. He's on a PC, so I'm not sure how to help him diagnose the problem. The green light lights up when connected to his PC so it's charging and connecting to iTunes. When removed, it lit green when he tried to play it. No sound coming from it. Any thoughts as to how to diagnose before he takes it back to an Apple store again? I'd hate for his experience with an iPod be so negative. Thanks!

GT3000
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2005, 11:40 PM

i realy dont know, i both an ipod shuffle a few days ago and it still perfect, i really dont know, maybe a virus or something in his pc

ajz755
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2005, 08:45 PM

It think it'd be his hardware or software. The ipod isnt specificly made to be compatible with a PC, make sure ur boss has all the newest software in iPod Updater and iTunes. Try turning the ipod on before plugging it in, or turning it on after its plugged and stuff like that. Also, restore the ipod and try again.

P.S. it also might be Murphies law "Anything that can go wrong, will". You boss just might be having a bad luck streak and got a couple dead ipods in a row. Good Luck!!!!!!

ben.mcguire
Aug 5, 2005, 09:56 AM

is he trying to play purchased music?

Forum Links
Forum Rules