Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP UK Memory

MBP UK Memory
MontyPavement
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 13, 2006, 10:54 AM

I normally order my memory from Crucial, but the price for a 1Gb stick of memory for the MBP has risen in the past few weeks from £75 to £125!

So I ordered from one of Kingston's authorised resellers for just under £100, only to get an e-mail back saying that Kingston are out of stock, and Kingston don't have a lead time for when the part will be available, so my order has been cancelled!

So are there any UK sites that are doing a stick of 1Gb of memory for the MBP at less than Crucial prices?

thefunkymunky
Feb 14, 2006, 09:03 AM

Orca Logic has a 1GB stick for £77.43 inc V.A.T with free shipping.

http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/prodt...0332&ft=s&st=2
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Feb 14, 2006, 09:35 AM

Have you bought RAM from Orca Logic before? Because I need more RAM for my Core Duo, and I too was put off by the sudden increase in prices by crucial, I mean £50 is pretty steep. Anyway, wondering about the quality of this Orca Logic RAM due to the low price.
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

thefunkymunky
Feb 14, 2006, 10:08 AM

I havent personally no. But the Orca Logic RAM is made by Transcend if they are any good.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

Forum Links
Forum Rules