Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Windows Media Player Plug-In

Windows Media Player Plug-In
n8236
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2006, 04:52 AM

So I was trying to surf some pr0n last night and most of the sites required me to have windows media player plug-in, which Camino didn't have.

Not just for pr0n, but for other sites that require this plug-in, how do I go about fixing this?

Not being able to stream that uses WM plug-in would totally blow. Thanks for any help

thefunkymunky
Apr 5, 2006, 05:04 AM

Errm. Download WMP for Mac or Flip4Mac.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

n8236  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2006, 05:07 AM

I did dl WMP, but it's still not working, I'll try the latter.

Flip4Mac not compatible w/ IntelMacs....wtf lol..boooo

thefunkymunky
Apr 5, 2006, 05:28 AM

You have an Intel Mac then I take it. Flip4Mac wont work as yet then. An update is coming. WMP plugin will work if you run your browser under Rosetta. Get Info on the app icon and check the tick box.
MacBook Pro - 15.4-inch/2.16GHz Intel Core Duo/2GB RAM/100GB S-ATA 5400RPM HDD/ATI X1600 256MB/SuperDrive. PSN ID: kraized
facebook

n8236  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 19, 2006, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by thefunkymunky
You have an Intel Mac then I take it. Flip4Mac wont work as yet then. An update is coming. WMP plugin will work if you run your browser under Rosetta. Get Info on the app icon and check the tick box.
I've been using Camino for a bit while now and started to find out more and more sites that have videos aren't being supported by Camino in native mode. I haven't tried your method of using it under Rosetta yet, but will I see performance issues on a regular basis if I keep in in Rosetta mode?

Danoldo
Jun 4, 2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by n8236
I've been using Camino for a bit while now and started to find out more and more sites that have videos aren't being supported by Camino in native mode. I haven't tried your method of using it under Rosetta yet, but will I see performance issues on a regular basis if I keep in in Rosetta mode?
it will start much slower than if it were native, but once it starts, the lag should be minimal

Mithras
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2006, 01:49 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules