Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Pulling apart a quicksilver?

Pulling apart a quicksilver?
TommyLeeRoth
Forum Regular
May 12, 2002, 11:33 AM

How do I pull off the plastic side panel so i can get to the airport aerial? It's vibrating and driving me mad. I took out the 4 torx screws and the 2 screws inside the door near the latch but it still won't come off. Any ideas?

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
May 12, 2002, 12:16 PM

There is a Huge plastic clip behind the 'Apple' on the side of the case. Use a long flat screwdriver to 'ease' the 2 halves of the clip out. (it's like that on my older G4 case anyway, I don't see why Apple would change the molding's for the Quicksilver cases)

chatwood2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 12, 2002, 11:27 PM

The other way to do it is to actually remove the mobo (not for the faint of heart) to get to the end of the plastics clip, you then can use normal pliers to snap it out of place.

- Chris

Forum Links
Forum Rules