Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Where to buy 12'" PB powersupply

Where to buy 12'" PB powersupply
Laauuren
Forum Regular
Dec 14, 2003, 05:40 PM

My powersupply became frayed and have looked at the Applestore for a replacement. The price is a little steep so I was wondering if any Apple resellers might have it for a few dollars less. Does anyone know of a good discount for one?
Smile. It will make people wonder what you're thinking.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2003, 07:24 PM

Here's a nice looking one for $29.95.

http://www.devdepot.com/description.html?pcode=HMCG4AD

Chris

new newton
Banned
Dec 14, 2003, 09:44 PM

Have Apple replace it under warranty. I've gone through 3 this way. I wish they would put a bit more quality into their power adaptors.

Chemmy
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 14, 2003, 10:52 PM

My iBook power adapter frayed itself to death 2 years after I got it, Apple replaced it under warranty.

1.25ghz 15" PowerBook

Laauuren  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 16, 2003, 12:32 AM

I called Apple this afternoon about replacing the charger, and they said that it will need to be inspected, but that if it is like I described (it came apart at the point of the wire that was designed to be bent) then it will be covered under warranty. What I did not understand, however, is if I will be getting a new charger before sending out the broken one, or if I will receive a new charger and then send back the one I have now. What was your experience? And, what did you say when you called about your charger being broken?
Smile. It will make people wonder what you're thinking.

drews85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2003, 04:07 AM

anyone ever used that charger from devdepot is it reliable and safe? if so its a great price, i would love to get an extra adapter for my powerbook

gator
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 16, 2003, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by Laauuren:
I called Apple this afternoon about replacing the charger, and they said that it will need to be inspected, but that if it is like I described (it came apart at the point of the wire that was designed to be bent) then it will be covered under warranty. What I did not understand, however, is if I will be getting a new charger before sending out the broken one, or if I will receive a new charger and then send back the one I have now. What was your experience? And, what did you say when you called about your charger being broken?
What will likely happen is you will receive a power adapter, then you put yours in the packaging which the new one came in, and send it back to Apple.
12" PB 1 GHz Combo, 60GB, 512MB, AE
40GB iPod

Forum Links
Forum Rules