Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Working Out

View Poll Results: Do You Work Out?
Poll Options:
Yes, Regularly 37 votes (63.79%)
No, Never Have 13 votes (22.41%)
I own a bowflex 2 votes (3.45%)
I have a membership... 6 votes (10.34%)
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll
Working Out
Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2004, 07:46 PM

So I've started working out at a local gym, and my roomie from last year is essentially like my personal trainer... I think every fat guy should get one of him That said, working out makes much more sense when you have someone who knows what they're doing with you... I know I've tried before but it's like... what do I do with this... uhhh... well I'll just go to burger king

That said, my shoulders hurt like all get out out, mainly from bench pressing on Saturday... that said... since then I have found that I can actually flex my pecs... which I'm having a lot of fun with in private... something about it just makes me seem more muscle like... and less... yah...

Anyway, so why don't we share stories of the first time we all worked out... if you did...

So far... I'm not gona share how much I can bench... cause it's piddly... but I did 270 pounds on the leg press, and it wasn't actually that hard I'm probably gona tell him to put a lot more on next time.

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 08:02 PM

yeah, I run 3.5 miles every other day, lift everyday. But I do work different muscles on different days.
Anyone who would letterspace blackletter would steal sheep. - Frederic Goudy

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 08:04 PM

Where's the option for "yes, but not very often?"

Anyway, when I was younger and participated in sports (in school and for private leagues), yes, I did regularly. Since those days, I don't work out very often if at all, so joining a gym hasn't crossed my mind. I might, however, start doing Kung-Fu or some sort of martial arts pretty soon.
Originally posted by Superchicken:
... since then I have found that I can actually flex my pecs... which I'm having a lot of fun with in private... something about it just makes me seem more muscle like... and less... yah...

MacMan4000
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 08:04 PM

no option for "once in a while" or "sometimes"?

I don't have a boflex
I don't have a member ship
I can't say I NEVER do
but I can't say I do regularly

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 20, 2004, 08:09 PM

I put regularly because for the last 2 weeks I have been sticking to my plan with only 2 days missed. But before that it would have been a "no."

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2004, 08:17 PM

That said, working out makes much more sense when you have someone who knows what they're doing with you... I know I've tried before but it's like... what do I do with this... uhhh... well I'll just go to burger king

That said, my shoulders hurt like all get out out, mainly from bench pressing on
So far... I'm not gona share how much I can bench... cause it's piddly... but I did 270 pounds on the leg press, and it wasn't actually that hard I'm probably gona tell him to put a lot more on next time.
Yes always find someone who knows what they are doing when you are starting out.

And watch your shoulder, even when you know what you are doing you can screw up your joints.

Lastly, how much you bench isn't as important as what percentage that number is of your body weight. At my peak I was able to put up about 138% of my body weight. So what I could do would mean something totally different to what you should be able to do.

I started working out when I was in Jr High. I learned how to get on a program when I was in high school and learned how to put on mass in college. I don't work out as much as I did back then simply because it takes up a great amount of time to be in that kind of shape and I don't have it to spare.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Sep 20, 2004, 08:51 PM

No formal exercise program here. I hate working out in gyms so even though I have a pretty nice one at my disposal (care of the University of Minnesota), I never go there. However, I live a few miles from campus, so I end up biking 5-8 miles every single day for work and/or classes. In addition, my income is pretty low now so I get a bit skimpy with the food. It's done a lot of good so far - since I moved in about six weeks ago I feel much healthier and I'm just a tiny bit slimmer. Very encouraging for me since I've been larger/heavier than average for as long as I can remember. I'm still a big guy but I feel a lot more normal now.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Webscreamer
Mac Elite
Sep 20, 2004, 09:07 PM

I love to time to get away from people. I'm a person who likes to think and it really gives me a chance to do that. W normally come up with my best and most creative ideas when working out. Scientific studies show physical activity and training really helps your mind.

I actually want to start running everyday, really get into shape. I play a lot of tennis and running and left helps every part of my game. I'm going to start shooting for 2 hour a day workouts... maybe overboard, but we'll see.
Anyone who would letterspace blackletter would steal sheep. - Frederic Goudy

qualey2
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 20, 2004, 09:14 PM

yep six days a week. I go to work every day and that enough of a work out for me .

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 20, 2004, 11:42 PM

I started again a couple of months ago. I've got everything I need, treadmill, exercise bike, Cardio Glide, stair climber, weights, and two bicycles. Going to drop about 80 pounds.
( Last edited by OldManMac; Sep 21, 2004 at 12:25 AM. )
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 12:01 AM

So I've started working out at a local gym, and my roomie from last year is essentially like my personal trainer...

Make sure you're not holding him back. I used to get pissed when my friends would waste my time at the gym asking for advice every 30 seconds.

Don't raise it too much. Legs are all about form or you'll F up your back. Learn how to do proper squats and presses before you up the weight and get a hernia.

I lift a 3 day split 6 days a week. Sometimes I pull doubles if I don't have to work. When I started (6 years ago?) I didn't know what I was doing. I had good form, but not what it should have been. After the first 6 months, I finally dropped my weights down and worked on form. Then I realized how important stretching is and diet followed. I finally got on track after 14 months and haven't looked back.
I won't share my bench either because that's corny. Oh, and superchicken - it's not nice to check out other guys at the gym (even if they're not looking). Sicko.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2004, 12:02 AM

i rock climb. that is my workout.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 12:05 AM

Originally posted by Captain Obvious:
Yes always find someone who knows what they are doing when you are starting out.

And watch your shoulder, even when you know what you are doing you can screw up your joints.

Lastly, how much you bench isn't as important as what percentage that number is of your body weight. At my peak I was able to put up about 138% of my body weight. So what I could do would mean something totally different to what you should be able to do.

I started working out when I was in Jr High. I learned how to get on a program when I was in high school and learned how to put on mass in college. I don't work out as much as I did back then simply because it takes up a great amount of time to be in that kind of shape and I don't have it to spare.
Well, thats only true of your muscle mass, not your body mass. Your fat weight does not calculate into that.

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 12:12 AM

"how much ya bench" really doesn't have much to do with your progress. You can build a whole lot of muscle without lifting heavy weights. greenamp's right about the lean mass compared to weight lifted, but I wouldn't stress over how much you can put up. I've seen so many n00bs fret over their bench that they forget to work the rest of their body.

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 01:09 AM

I am better than all of you!
Judging by how you act, I'm just curious... how small is it?

- Rob

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2004, 01:44 AM

I'm married, so my right arm is like a tree trunk.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 03:07 AM

Originally posted by smacintush:
I'm married, so my right arm is like a tree trunk.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 03:09 AM

So I've started working out at a local gym, and my roomie from last year is essentially like my personal trainer... I think every fat guy should get one of him That said, working out makes much more sense when you have someone who knows what they're doing with you... I know I've tried before but it's like... what do I do with this... uhhh... well I'll just go to burger king

That said, my shoulders hurt like all get out out, mainly from bench pressing on Saturday... that said... since then I have found that I can actually flex my pecs... which I'm having a lot of fun with in private... something about it just makes me seem more muscle like... and less... yah...

Anyway, so why don't we share stories of the first time we all worked out... if you did...

Why are your shoulders burning from bench pressing (Chest/Triceps) Leg press, make sure you know what you are doing. (range of motion, how wide you spread your legs, the angle your toes point etc) different foot position, angle, width between feet work different muscles, and u also have to know how far to lower the weight, before you kick back up)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 03:17 AM

I went from 190 (no muscle, no working out no nothing) to 130-135 after a shizload of jogging.. towards the end (when i messed up my knee) i was jogging every other night for 2 to 4 hours a night. I stopped doing anything besides part time job, school part time, and jogging. when i busted my knee, i joined a gym and used it for cardio'ing (obsessed with losing weight when i was already shi7 thin) ... the gym gave me a different perspective. i was puny now ... and i started adding the bench to my workout. now i work on chest, triceps, traps, shoulders, back, legs, abs ... just a little at a time... working out does wonders for your self esteem ... but .. it's not fair ... it takes alot of effort for little gains ... and .. it goes away quickly too..

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 03:22 AM

Originally posted by george68:
Judging by how you act, I'm just curious... how small is it?

- Rob
Are you still pissed I made fun on you for being moron? It is just that you make it too easy not to ridicule such a dolt. Jeesh, I even held back on a rant about that homely-ass looking wife of yours. Which oddly enough, will dump you eventually because you are holding her back. I can't imagine how obsessed you'd get if I went with that tangent.
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Sep 21, 2004 at 04:18 AM. )

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 08:27 AM

Are you still pissed I made fun on you for being moron?
No, I just don't like you because of your personality. You're the most self-absorbed materialistic twit I've ever seen/read. You believe that you must have sex with every woman in the world in order to decide which one is right, you believe you must do every possible career before you can decide which one is right, and you constantly post things that put everyone down and attempt to put yourself in this golden light of human perfection. .... basically you sound like someone who's completely and totally unsure of himself. Hence, I think you have a dinky wang. Some sort of penile inadequacy complex. Anyway, here's to you and your dinky wang.

- Ca$h

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 08:30 AM

bla bla bla
One other thing: I find it hilarious that you were in a frat. In fact, it makes perfect sense that someone like you would have been in a frat. I'm guessing you're a business major too, eh?

Dinky wang.

- Ca$h

Cohiba
Sep 21, 2004, 09:37 AM

I work out quite often. Usually, I run once a week, and do muscle training twice a week. I also practice kendo/kenjitsu and krav maga. Martial arts really give you a good workout, but at the same time have a good use to them. Now, practicing kendo will not build a large amount of muscle mass, or endurance like running. But it does a good job at keeping your body in shape.

Now, for the most part, kenjitsu will not help you much in everyday life, as I really never carry a nihonto with me wherever I go, but give me a stick and I can lay down the "whoop". Plus I think carving up a mugger in most countries would make me the "bad guy" for some reason. Krav maga however is a very very good combative art. It is all about incapacitating your opponent as quickly as possible and takes into account your attacker using a knife or a gun. If winning means gouging an eye or breaking an arm, then so be it. It is a "no nonsense" fighting style stright from Israel.

I would recommend if you want to stay in shape (once you are already in shape) to get into some form of martial art. Really good stuff.

There are many kinds of marital arts, and your body has probably already made up its mind, but you do not have to practice one your form is not good for. Because I have long arms and legs, people always say I would be great at jujitsu, but I just not too interested in it.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 09:48 AM

I cycle for 30-60 minutes and do some light exercise.

wolfen
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 10:33 AM

I have a bowflex & used it to rehabilitate a bad shoulder. Now I use it for upper body twice per week, and then have 2 nights a week for abs and pushups until I can't do either.

I will eventually do leg work, but am slowly working in the time. Can't gain weight, so I'll never be Mr. Universe or anything.
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

ryju
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 10:36 AM

I have a membership to GoodLife� where I work out for the upcoming track season .

cszar2001
Photo Architect
Sep 21, 2004, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by Cohiba:

There are many kinds of marital arts

Are you sure??
"Microsoft is a cross between the Borg and the Ferengi. Unfortunately, they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to do their programming." Simon Slavin

Me on Flickr.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2004, 10:47 AM

Work out 3 times/week at a local gym. I don't find it fun, but if I didn't do it, I'd get flabby and listless pretty quick.

Phanguye
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by xi_hyperon:
Work out 3 times/week at a local gym. I don't find it fun, but if I didn't do it, I'd get flabby and listless pretty quick.
6 times a week... swim, bike, run

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2004, 11:18 AM

No, Never Have.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

iREZ
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 11:42 AM

Run 3 times a week early in the morning, play basketball at least 4 days a week, I lift when I feel like lifting, and eat what and when I feel like eating, after 22 years I'm 6'3 and weigh a moderate 196, I'm happy.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Sep 21, 2004, 11:45 AM

Working Out ?

You mean besides channel hopping and killing beer and popcorn ?

-t

greenamp
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by rozwado1:
"how much ya bench" really doesn't have much to do with your progress. You can build a whole lot of muscle without lifting heavy weights. greenamp's right about the lean mass compared to weight lifted, but I wouldn't stress over how much you can put up. I've seen so many n00bs fret over their bench that they forget to work the rest of their body.
That's so true. And flat bench press doesn't even really work 100% of your pectorals. Another common newbie error is to do bicep curls out the a$$, and totally ignore the triceps. You'd think common sense would tell them that the triceps are about 1/3 bigger than the biceps

rozwado1
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by greenamp:
You'd think common sense would tell them that the triceps are about 1/3 bigger than the biceps
Yeah, but it's more fun to flex your biceps when you're first getting into it. I'll admit I used to work my bis too much.

@ Ca$h - frats suck, but there's no reason to hate business majors.

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 04:04 PM

Originally posted by greenamp:
That's so true. And flat bench press doesn't even really work 100% of your pectorals. Another common newbie error is to do bicep curls out the a$$, and totally ignore the triceps. You'd think common sense would tell them that the triceps are about 1/3 bigger than the biceps

that's the funny thing ... i dont work out my biceps much because i focused more on my chest than my back. as it was, on my heavy bench nights, i'd follow up with triceps, my triceps are waay bigger than my puny biceps =P... starting to work on a lot of other things i've neglected. but yeah .. most adolescents jump on biceps and chest first ... not exactly complimentary to each other though..

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 07:00 PM

Are you still pissed I made fun on you for being moron? It is just that you make it too easy not to ridicule such a dolt. Jeesh, I even held back on a rant about that homely-ass looking wife of yours. Which oddly enough, will dump you eventually because you are holding her back. I can't imagine how obsessed you'd get if I went with that tangent.
I was thinking of this post today, something about it was bugging me... and then it dawned on me?

What kind of piece of **** attacks another person's significant other? I mean, I know he's full of **** about it anyway since the only time I hear anything remotely negative about my wife is from dumbasses on the internet who dislike who I am...... but seriously.... attacking another person's significant other (wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend) is what a bottom feeder woul do. Which is exactly what you are Captain Betterthaneveryone. You lack any shred of class.

Also, not only do you attack her, but you attack her looks. From this, I'm deducting that you view women merely as objects, as this was your first idea on how to attack my wife.... her looks. So I'm finally starting to understand you.... you're a frat guy, a business major, you probably either drive an SUV or a camry/accord of some sort, and you want to get a trophy wife. You don't really care about how great she is, or how you interact, you want a wife who's really really really hot, wears makeup, and is probably annoying as ****. Which is why you suggested that everyone should be a career person first, and have a relationship second.

I see your future. Imagine stupid annoying trophy wives and lots of divorces. Have fun in life, jackass, knowing this: I'm above you. I would never have done what you just did. You're a piece of ****, and me, yes the illustrious Ca$h, has more class than you in this respect.

**** off!

- Rob

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 07:20 PM

When I'm lifting it's weekdays. I'm currently dieting, so it's mostly running, punching bag, etc.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 07:29 PM

blah blah I'm white trash blah blah
Funny, I think you are the personification of Townie Trash.
You�re a Junior College and Tech school dropout with no direction or qualifications to hold down a real job. You made the jump from living in your mom�s basement to getting married, all about 30 seconds after you were old enough to drink legally. You�ve never moved beyond the confines of that hole you grew up around and you�ve just doomed your child-bride to a life there because your prospects aren�t too bright outside of that town. You continually obsess about your car and toys when things like health insurance are a problem for you. You�ve become pacified with some dead end job working for a dentist instead of being an adult and finding some way to provide for a family you will inevitably have. And despite all that you still think you have everything figured out.

You have no clue, none. You constantly post about things you have no real knowledge about (besides cars) and insist what you know is right. And THEN you insult people who contradict you, so don�t try and take some sort of moral high ground with what I do. Your arguments are usually crass and irrational and when you go off on your inexplicable rants its always because something is wrong with the world and not with you. In short you�ve developed a sense of reverse-snobbery. Not one based on anything substantive or material but rather in a need to be right or superior to others because deep down inside you know you are a joke to them. You approach things loudly, obnoxiously, and unwaveringly to mask the fact you have never learned much about anything.

If anyone has prevalent insecurities it�s you with the long linage of penis mobiles you dash around in making skidding sounds and burning past people on the highway so they pay attention to you. In fact it�s probably the only way you�ll ever be ahead of them in life. I don�t think I have ever gone this far to call you this but Rob, you are a loser.

I personally don�t care what you think of me since our paths will never cross but maybe you should actually grow up and be an adult instead of insisting to everyone that you are one. I see your future too. Its exactly where you are now except your wife and kids will have left you, you will be more bitter, and you will have wised up enough to have gone to work in a garage.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 07:35 PM

I was thinking of this post today, something about it was bugging me... and then it dawned on me?

What kind of piece of **** attacks another person's significant other? I mean, I know he's full of **** about it anyway since the only time I hear anything remotely negative about my wife is from dumbasses on the internet who dislike who I am...... but seriously.... attacking another person's significant other (wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend) is what a bottom feeder woul do. Which is exactly what you are Captain Betterthaneveryone. You lack any shred of class.

Also, not only do you attack her, but you attack her looks. From this, I'm deducting that you view women merely as objects, as this was your first idea on how to attack my wife.... her looks. So I'm finally starting to understand you.... you're a frat guy, a business major, you probably either drive an SUV or a camry/accord of some sort, and you want to get a trophy wife. You don't really care about how great she is, or how you interact, you want a wife who's really really really hot, wears makeup, and is probably annoying as ****. Which is why you suggested that everyone should be a career person first, and have a relationship second.

I see your future. Imagine stupid annoying trophy wives and lots of divorces. Have fun in life, jackass, knowing this: I'm above you. I would never have done what you just did. You're a piece of ****, and me, yes the illustrious Ca$h, has more class than you in this respect.

**** off!

- Rob
You post pictures of your wife online, pictures I doubt she'd enjoy having gawked at, and then you whine about people bashing your wife? Grow up. 90% of your post is whining about a wife he doesn't have yet.

If you don't like bottom-feeders then get out of the water

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 07:46 PM

Funny, I think you are the personification of Townie Trash.
Well I'm definitely not a townie, since I'm not a raging liberal. I swing to a different beat.

You�re a Junior College and Tech school dropout with no direction or qualifications to hold down a real job.
I did drop out.... for now. I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Once I figure that out, I'll go back. And I do have a real job, thanks!

You made the jump from living in your mom�s basement to getting married, all about 30 seconds after you were old enough to drink legally.
Actually not. I turned 21 when I was still in college, and I moved out when I was still 21. I lived on my own for 1.5 years, and have been married for over a year.

You�ve never moved beyond the confines of that hole you grew up around and you�ve just doomed your child-bride to a life there because your prospects aren�t too bright outside of that town.
I like it here. I've been in japan, mexico, canada, hawaii, and most of the continental US. Madison is consistantly rated one of the best places to live.

You continually obsess about your car and toys when things like health insurance are a problem for you.
Health insurance hasn't ever been a problem. I posted questions about it on the forums once, but I found a solution.

You�ve become pacified with some dead end job working for a dentist instead of being an adult and finding some way to provide for a family you will inevitably have.
I'm not pacified with my job. Part of me wants to ditch it and go back to school, but I'm not sure what I want a degree in. Also, I do not work for a dentist. Once again your sources are completley wrong. And if I DID stick with this job, I'd be making 30-60 grand a month. I know this may be impossible for you to graps, but money isn't really the big deal in my life.

As for the rest of your opinions, you're entitled to them. Keep right on thinking that, but the truth is that I would never EVER insult someone you cared about, but you obviously have no standards whatsoever, which fits exactly with the dumbass 'business major/frat boy" stereotype you're growing into so well.

- Rob

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 07:49 PM

Originally posted by TheBadgerHunter:
You post pictures of your wife online, pictures I doubt she'd enjoy having gawked at, and then you whine about people bashing your wife?
No, I don't really care what he says about her, it's the fact that he resorts to attacking someone who doesn't post here. It'd be like if I disagreed with you over something and said "Oh yeah well your mom is a fat bitch who eats twinkies all day". It's like...uh.... you may not like me, but why the hell did you just attack someone I care about? It just basically proves what kind of person Captain Obvious really is.... especially since the primary insult was her looks, nevermind her personality, intelligence, etc.

Hence the whole trophy wife thing... he will only think he's succeeded when he lands some hot bitch.... the rest of her qualities won't matter much.

- Rob

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 08:10 PM

Yes, you are the picture of maturity. If you feel the need to follow me around in every thread then don't look so hurt when I answer back. Why would I go after her other qualities since I don't presume to know about them. She's clearly smart enough to finish school but not enough to let herself get tied down to a sinking ship like you. She might be a nice person but honestly, I didn't say she wasn't. So even though I didn't really tear into the topic but rather made a passing remark all I did was make an observation based on what you feel the need to offer up to the forum. She is homely, not a bad person not unintelligent. Other's who post pictures of people they are with receive compliments on their looks. Unfortunately you are not one of those people. If you don't want people to make remarks then keep if off the board.

Anyway, people can thank you for having this thread locked.

george68
Banned
Sep 21, 2004, 08:22 PM

I am better than you.
Sure are, ace. Thing is, I understand you now. Without any passion, creativity, or shred of originality, I can see how you'd jump right into business without giving the rest of your life a second thought. You left out one thing of my upbringing: I lived in a multi million dollar house with a rich family for a while. Trips all over the place, extravagant Xmas pressents, or for no reason, and you know what? It sucked ass. You can have your wealth and call yourself successful. I'd rather be with a girl I'm completely in love with a girl who everyone thinks is gorgeous (with the exception of internet pricks like yourself who'd have no qualms about attacking someone's significant other) and having an interesting life than making lots of money. Which is why I'm in a predicament. Right now I have a future with lots of money.... but I don't know if hte job is for me. I'm 75% sure I'd rather be doing something else....

- Rob

Xeo
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 21, 2004, 08:23 PM

Anyway, people can thank you for having this thread locked.
Actually, I'd like to thank you both for being so childish. So much for this topic.

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2004, 08:41 PM

Actually, both Ca$h and Captain are asshats. This is coming from a
34-year-old balding white guy, with a slight gut. But what do I know?
I don't lift and my only exercise comes from running, hiking, biking
and my daily walk to work. Oh, and for the record, it's 6.25". Yeah ME!
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

TheBadgerHunter
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 08:47 PM

No, I don't really care what he says about her, it's the fact that he resorts to attacking someone who doesn't post here. It'd be like if I disagreed with you over something and said "Oh yeah well your mom is a fat bitch who eats twinkies all day". It's like...uh.... you may not like me, but why the hell did you just attack someone I care about? It just basically proves what kind of person Captain Obvious really is.... especially since the primary insult was her looks, nevermind her personality, intelligence, etc.

Hence the whole trophy wife thing... he will only think he's succeeded when he lands some hot bitch.... the rest of her qualities won't matter much.

- Rob
Actually he just said that she was homely and that he was holding back from a rant. I would agree that it makes about as much sense as equating behavior with penis size.

I don't see anything wrong with looking for a beautiful woman. Men ARE attracted to physical features an I don't see any reason to pretend otherwise. Its the first thing you notice. Of course on further inspection their personality might not be so great, I don't think he wants to marry a hot b�tch though.

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Sep 21, 2004, 09:21 PM

Rob, wasn't it you the one that photoshopped Kilbey's kid's picture? Isn't that equally insulting as Captain Obvious insulting your wife (which I'm not sure he actually did, but you feel that way so that's what matters at the moment)?

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 21, 2004, 10:09 PM

Well, well.... so going after a spouce is out of line but going after thier child is just fine in Tra$h's mind. See if I followed you around the forum like you do me I might have known that. I am glad you don't participate in thread sh!tting otherwise it might have resulted in some forum mod reprimanding you for hypocrisy.

You aren't funny, you are just dumb.

Superchicken  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2004, 10:41 PM

I gota say trashing someone someone loves online where they're not there to deffend themselves is tasteless... that said nearly the entire forum sans a few members has made a point to attack my God the only person in my life who has ever shown me true love, so I just figured I'd make that point.

Anyway, uhh just to clarify my shoulder joints don't hurt... I think it's my... deltoid? Dang I'm probably wrong, but it's like right between your chest and your arm, it feels really long and straight down type thing...

That said, I did... concentration curls... or something... and... one where you put like your elbow into your leg and lift... and now I can't straighten my left arm haha...

And it still hurts to put my arms straight out to my side... but it's good... my legs feel fine though, they're a slight bit sore but nothing big.

Demonhood
Administrator
Sep 21, 2004, 10:42 PM

how bout both you strapping men take your crap flinging contest out of our little sandbox.

and no, that doesn't mean either of you can continue this in another thread.

Forum Links
Forum Rules