Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Security Update Issue or a Leopard Update failure?

Security Update Issue or a Leopard Update failure?
I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2008, 08:15 AM

I installed the update 10.5.3 and also the security update and now when I try to enter a flash page on the net that is required to access phone lines, and now it's impossible. Before the update all was fine, and now I can't access that page... how can I reverse the update, or uninstall it. I need help on this issue because it is messing up with my job tasks right now! thanx
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
May 30, 2008, 08:40 AM

There was no separate security update for 10.5. What exactly did you install there? I'm also not sure how a flash page (is that a web page with Flash?) can access phone lines. Please clarify.

Archive & Install will allow you to return to a previous system version.

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2008, 09:53 AM

ok, check this video... I recorded the whole nightmare, please tell me whats going on here, I need to be able again to use this paga as always.. I mean Before the update I was great! check it out:

Update Issue

ibook_steve
May 30, 2008, 12:09 PM

I don't know what that web page was, but that's a Flash object. Try reinstalling the latest Flash and see if that fixes it.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2008, 12:32 PM

I know it's a Flash Page, Before the update I was able to see that page and interact with it, now all I can do is look at the login window and nothing more... It's not a public webpage, it is a page(url number) that the radio station that I work give me to control the phone lines, and now it's out of control after the update, all my co-workers that use Macs had that problem after the update, the ones that use Tiger OS did a security update and ended like me. so it's most be something about the updater... please help me here..

Oh.. BTW I re-install the Flash and Shockwave Plugin and nothing happens

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
May 30, 2008, 12:43 PM

Try reverting to the previous version of Flash. It's in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins. Use Time Machine to go back. Note that this will be a security risk. Alternatively try the new Flash 10 beta.

JKT
Professional Poster
May 30, 2008, 01:10 PM

This is actually probably a problem caused by an update to Flash which included new security model that prevents flash from running using local content unless you have given it permission to do so.

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by JKT View Post
This is actually probably a problem caused by an update to Flash which included new security model that prevents flash from running using local content unless you have given it permission to do so.
maybe... but where you go to giive permission? Even the Station's Engineer doesn't know where to go!

Do you think it's a good advice to use time machine and reinstall old flash version again?

UPDATE:

I was able to look for the "Internet-Plugins" Folder on a brand new Macbook that hasn't been updated yet and put that folder replacing the new one on my iMac and it works!!! it's definitely a Flash Plugin problem!!! thanx guys!
( Last edited by I WAS the One; May 30, 2008 at 07:21 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED)

Forum Links
Forum Rules