Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Soho Notes 8: The worst update ever.

Soho Notes 8: The worst update ever.
I WAS the One
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 13, 2010, 10:44 PM

I've been using Soho Notes since it was called Sticky Note it was an app that worked well was very responsive and my whole life was archived in that app. I've been paying upgrades prices that are very expensive just because it was an app that I trusted. Since v.5 the upgrades began to bring more bugs than solutions and they start doing weird changes that didn't feel logical... Now that I'm running Snow Leopard the upgrade it's full of bugs and I'm not working as always no more.. after every back up it erase everything. Tabs, info, web bookmarks ... and always the same solution from the Tech support: "trash the pref file" I'm done with it. it is not was it used to be, and I need an app like that to replace it. if you know some app better for the same tasks please make the recommendation. I'm ready to say goodbye to Soho Notes. It is not working for me no more.
Enjoy My Mac Comic @ BLAST COMICS

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2010, 03:11 AM

Hardly surprising. There have been threads about this at 'NN before:

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...compatibility/

http://forums.macnn.com/82/applicati...-big-time-ive/

They had it long coming.

Last but not least, Evernote FTW.

-t

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 14, 2010, 10:10 PM

did you heard about an app called Thoughts? it's sounds great!

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Jan 14, 2010, 10:19 PM

No, I haven't.

For me, Evernote is perfect. It's cross-OS, has an iPhone client, it OCRs hand written notes and scanned images, has powerful search.

-t

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2010, 10:42 PM

SOHO Notes 8 is working flawlessly for me in Leopard, never a problem. Also started out with Sticky Notes, way back.

Just saying...

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
SOHO Notes 8 is working flawlessly for me in Leopard, never a problem. Also started out with Sticky Notes, way back.

Just saying...
maybe your are not a power user like me. I use that app badly, I mean it is full of tabs with a bunch of information and one of them is a phone line live logger for call ins in flash animations. all of this work great until 7 came in and now in 8 it's awful. I do a lot of tasks with that app and now I need to open a couple of different ones just to do what I used to do before with just one app. If you use SOHO Notes just for lil' notes and archive well I bet you aren't having problems.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jan 16, 2010, 05:22 PM

Just saying that if it really, really stank, it would have been complained about online in a major fashion.

Haven't seen that level of complaining anywhere--and things like that usually do get major publicity. We aren't a "quiet take it on the chin" group...

I WAS the One  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2010, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post
Just saying that if it really, really stank, it would have been complained about online in a major fashion.

Haven't seen that level of complaining anywhere--and things like that usually do get major publicity. We aren't a "quiet take it on the chin" group...
that's because they have their own forum for technical support, you should see it. it is full of open tickets and ignored.

Forum Links
Forum Rules