Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Audio-in Devices

Audio-in Devices
Speckledstone
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2002, 02:27 PM

Right now I've got a Beige G3 233mhz. When I get some money saved up, I plan to get either a Power Mac or an iMac (haven't decided yet). One of my concerns is audio-in. What products (iMic, Edirol, etc.) do you use and why?

dav
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2002, 04:28 PM

i got an imic about a year ago - don't think i had many choices at the time. it works, but i'm not really happy with it. i've had nothing but problems with the control panel (under OS 9) adjusting the line levels - doesn't work well for me. frustrating little device. haven't tried it under OS X, since my audio capture software won't run on X. [rant]which reminds me i'm also peeved at roxio for not offering a competitively priced upgrade for jam users only.[/rant]
one post closer to five stars

Speckledstone  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 1, 2002, 06:02 AM

Thanks for the info dav. Since you don't seem to thrilled with the iMic, are there any products you recommend?

Nebrie
Mac Elite
May 1, 2002, 04:14 PM

That's the problem, there really aren't any. The iMic is pretty much the "best" one.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
May 3, 2002, 04:38 PM

There *are* other choices, especially so for the PowerMac.....pci audio cards from M-Audio/Midiman are quite good, and they have a usb devide too....have a look here - they've got stuff in just about every price range.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Forum Links
Forum Rules