Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Want to buy:: 12" Powerbook 1Ghz up.

Want to buy:: 12" Powerbook 1Ghz up.
macboy
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 14, 2006, 03:02 PM

I've been looking to get one of these for my girlfriend before I fly back to London. I made a bid and sent payment on another one here but it didn't go through.

So PM me or post whatever you have.. I'd prefer 1Ghz and up. I'll be in NY city this whole week and then in Canada till the 21st.

I have no issues with meeting up if your around here or I'll pay shipping, obviously. I can do Paypal!

Thanks for looking

cman8
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2006, 09:45 PM

I have a 12" 1.33 ghz with superdrive. I bought it march 05'. how much are you looking to pay?Just curious, I might not mind parting with mine and getting something else.

macboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 15, 2006, 06:52 AM

cman, PM for you.

mspencer1776
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2007, 05:33 PM

I have an aluminum 12" PowerBook, 1.5Ghz, 80GB HD, 512MB RAM, 8x Superdrive as you can look in my signature below for more details. How much are you willing to pay? PM me.
12" PowerBook FR 1.5GHz, 80GB, 512MB RAM, 8x SuperDrive

sceptrex9
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2007, 11:22 PM

Hello,

Have you found one yet? I have a PowerBook 1.33 w/768RAM, 40Gig, DVD CD/RW, 2 batteries (one new) leather sleeve, original discs, Office and more.

macboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2007, 03:47 AM

I've already got one for the girlfriend, but my mum loves the size too. So PM me what your expecting. I might just get yours instead of a MacBook which was the original plan, if the price is tempting.

magid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 6, 2007, 09:54 PM

I have an 867mhz model not in the greatest condition, but nothing horrible that I would be willing to part with for a good price, send me a pm if you are interested.

praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2007, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by magid View Post
I have an 867mhz model not in the greatest condition, but nothing horrible that I would be willing to part with for a good price, send me a pm if you are interested.

what kind of a good price are you thinking of?
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007, 10:18 AM

Yeah, please post a range of the price your looking to spend. I have a 1.5Ghz 12-inch Powerbook with superdrive, bluetooth, airport extreme, 80gb HD, 512 ram, no damages and hardly used. I have the original box and plastics and wires/adapters. It was bought January of 06 with applecare. So it still has 2 years warranty from apple still. I too am curious to know what your ballpark range is.

macboy  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2007, 10:45 AM

The top of the range Powerbook's - the 1.5's are going on eBay for about $700-800 which I personally dont think is worth it mostly because you can get a refurb Macbook from Apple for $799.

I was looking at something around 1Ghz - 1.33 - depending on how good shape it is in, how big the drive etc, I was looking to pay around $450-$500, maybe $600 for a 1.5 in good shape.

praterkeith
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2007, 11:54 AM

i just sold a 1.33 on ebay for $700 and bought a 1.5 from apple refurb for $1100. It is indeed worth it. You may have to opt for a 867, which is a great computer, but still a little out of your range.
PowerMac G4-733mhz-Quicksilver | 5th gen. iPod-Video-30gb-White. | Pentax *istDS DSLR

Forum Links
Forum Rules