Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: The Drinking Thread

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: The Drinking Thread (Page 21)
Thread Tools
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 26, 2017, 04:06 PM
 
Cut*
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 01:22 PM
 
That's to Trump. Record high disapproval and record low approval in today's Gallup (62/33)
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 03:26 PM
 
Thats getting to be more like it.

The democrats need to spend more time using words like 'traitor' and 'treason' when they talk about Trump and Russia. It'll start to stick if they do it enough.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 03:34 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Thats getting to be more like it.

The democrats need to spend more time using words like 'traitor' and 'treason' when they talk about Trump and Russia. It'll start to stick if they do it enough.
It's amazing how little I agree with anything you post
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 08:22 PM
 
Its amazing that liberals who care about people would rather let the likes of Trump damage, ruin and even prematurely end lives rather than resorting to tactics as shockingly dirty as saying things in public they can't prove to a legal standard.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 10:06 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Its amazing that liberals who care about people would rather let the likes of Trump damage, ruin and even prematurely end lives rather than resorting to tactics as shockingly dirty as saying things in public they can't prove to a legal standard.
The ends justify the means?
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 10:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
The democrats need to spend more time using words like 'traitor' and 'treason' when they talk about Trump and Russia. It'll start to stick if they do it enough.
It is tempting to want to “stop playing nice” and use the same tactics the Republicans have long used. But look where it got them — elected, but politically powerless and fractured. Ignore the other side's hysteria, remain calm and stick to the facts. IMHO it is not necessary to bring a criminal case against Trump for colluding with Russia, that is a bar that is probably too high even if that is what may have happened. It also weakens the leverage with regards to the main problems with Trump, which are out in the open and incontrovertible: a combination of severe character flaws, in particular his narcissism, a history of sexual harassment, shady business practices, nepotism, an erosion of polity and the political institutions. Feel free to add to that list. But if we succumb to the hysteria, we put all our hopes in the wrong things. Trump has survived so many scandals that would have sunk ordinary politicians, but he managed to just shrug them off. He will not be removed from office by simply waiting for the equivalent of the “pee tape”.

When words have legal meanings, such as “foreign agent” or “treason”, we should try to use them appropriately. Flynn was a “foreign agent” who did not register as such, because that is what the law stipulates. There are cases when I think it is appropriate to say that e. g. his son, his son-in-law and closest advisers were willing to accept information from people with close ties to Putin, and that in itself is of course a big political scandal. Shouting that they colluded gets you in a mud slinging match with people who will use in Trump's defense that they were only (unsuccessfully!!) trying to collude, but actually talked about their pets and adoptions and the weather. That's sort of like arguing that trying to cheat isn't a violation of your prenup, only successfully doing so is. Legally, that may be true, but it doesn't mean that'll save your marriage.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 11:20 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
The ends justify the means?
Yeah, I think in this instance it really, really does. Its not like I'm advocating assassinations, coups or even bribery. Just being a bit devious and manipulative with the advertising. Its not like even Dems don't tell worse lies when they are in power. If they even have to lie.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 30, 2017, 11:31 PM
 
Originally Posted by OreoCookie View Post
It is tempting to want to “stop playing nice” and use the same tactics the Republicans have long used. But look where it got them — elected, but politically powerless and fractured. Ignore the other side's hysteria, remain calm and stick to the facts. IMHO it is not necessary to bring a criminal case against Trump for colluding with Russia, that is a bar that is probably too high even if that is what may have happened. It also weakens the leverage with regards to the main problems with Trump, which are out in the open and incontrovertible: a combination of severe character flaws, in particular his narcissism, a history of sexual harassment, shady business practices, nepotism, an erosion of polity and the political institutions. Feel free to add to that list. But if we succumb to the hysteria, we put all our hopes in the wrong things. Trump has survived so many scandals that would have sunk ordinary politicians, but he managed to just shrug them off. He will not be removed from office by simply waiting for the equivalent of the “pee tape”.

When words have legal meanings, such as “foreign agent” or “treason”, we should try to use them appropriately. Flynn was a “foreign agent” who did not register as such, because that is what the law stipulates. There are cases when I think it is appropriate to say that e. g. his son, his son-in-law and closest advisers were willing to accept information from people with close ties to Putin, and that in itself is of course a big political scandal. Shouting that they colluded gets you in a mud slinging match with people who will use in Trump's defense that they were only (unsuccessfully!!) trying to collude, but actually talked about their pets and adoptions and the weather. That's sort of like arguing that trying to cheat isn't a violation of your prenup, only successfully doing so is. Legally, that may be true, but it doesn't mean that'll save your marriage.

If conspiracy to collude, failure to disclose conflicts of interest, profiting by awarding government contracts to your own business interests, nepotism, and appointing the worst possible candidates to government jobs aren't criminal enough to get rid of Trump, they ought to be. The thing is before Trump an embarrassing scandal was enough to get rid of a politician, because politicians had some shame. Now I suspect even the pee tape wouldn't get rid of him if it was real, gratuitous, disgusting and played in full on every news network in the world for a week straight.

I'm also not clear on how their election winning tactics are connected to their powerlessness. They are fractured because of Trump and because luckily one or two of them do still have some shame and the rest are just clashing asshole egos with Trump. I'm not sure the Dems would have the same problem if they had to stoop a little to get in or to win a majority in any of the houses.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 01:05 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
If conspiracy to collude, failure to disclose conflicts of interest, profiting by awarding government contracts to your own business interests, nepotism, and appointing the worst possible candidates to government jobs aren't criminal enough to get rid of Trump, they ought to be. The thing is before Trump an embarrassing scandal was enough to get rid of a politician, because politicians had some shame. Now I suspect even the pee tape wouldn't get rid of him if it was real, gratuitous, disgusting and played in full on every news network in the world for a week straight.
You know that I am not a Trump apologist. But to control Trump's problematic aspects, we need to make things about actual wrongdoing and the correct framing of what the actual problem is. Yelling traitor is only going to entrench partisans who then no longer have to think about what Trump actually did wrong. Furthermore, this then allows people to pivot the discussions to legal matters, i. e. what collusion legally means and whether he can at all be held accountable in a court of law despite being the President of the United States.

The most likely mechanisms to remove Trump, if he is to be removed are political tools (impeachment and the 25th Amendment). The two most significant events IMHO so far have been Trump firing Comey and publicly stating that he fired him for the reasons everyone thought he fired him for (thus, losing the last shred of plausible deniability), and then the meeting between the Russian lawyer with Trump Jr., Kushner and I think someone else from Trump's campaign. The two indictments are Mueller's opening salvo, and we have to see what follows. But it seems clear from Trump's shady business relationships (Felix Sader is another one) who are connected to things like money laundering schemes that Mueller has a lot of strings to pull on. I think Trump's shady business practices will prove much more dangerous to him than the politicizable accusation of collusion.

The solution to the Trump problem is political, not criminal. The best way forward is to propose an alternative to Trump's policies rather than to take aim squarely and solely on Trump, because then, once Trump is gone, this fragile alliance will crumble. If Trump's idea of immigration is to put little girls in hospitals in hand cuffs (I'm deliberately being a bit dramatic here), propose better immigration policies. If Trump's idea of a health care system are disastrous, propose a single payer system that the GOP is so afraid of. All of this forces the GOP to react with better policies, because they are in the driver's seat now. They have no excuses for not delivering. And with regards to Trump: pass laws that require Presidential candidates to publish their tax returns. Have inquiries into Trump's business dealings and possible violations of the Emoluments Clause.
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I'm also not clear on how their election winning tactics are connected to their powerlessness. They are fractured because of Trump and because luckily one or two of them do still have some shame and the rest are just clashing asshole egos with Trump. I'm not sure the Dems would have the same problem if they had to stoop a little to get in or to win a majority in any of the houses.
I think this is the result of the Republicans's decades-long efforts to hype up its base with anti-government rhetoric (the best people in government are people who hate government and want to “strangle the beast”), populist appeals, stoking of anti-factual biases and giving promises they can't keep. That led to more and more extreme candidates winning the primaries, and Republican politicians started caring more and more about “winning” (which in their frame of mind means Democrats “losing”) rather than doing what is best for the country. Republican voters were promised better, cheaper healthcare™, less taxes, a stronger military and some other things by the GOP, but without the GOP fleshing out what that actually means.

In the early 1990s, the GOP was not a bunch of global climate change deniers, for example. Nor do I see anything conservative (in the philosophical sense) about spreading (racist) conspiracy theories that Obama is Kenyan rather than American. Right now, even George W. Bush seems “moderate” just because he is measured by Trump's standards. (And most people forgot the endorsement of torture, the support for unnecessary military invasions under false pretenses, etc.)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 02:12 AM
 
OK, don't yell traitor just say it casually and often. Don't draw attention to it. Use it as a replacement for Mr. or President. Thats how it seeps into the consciousness of the weak minded. Make people think its his first name. Then they get to the polls and their brain says "Wait, why am I voting for a guy whose name is Traitor?!"
If the mainstream media is so left wing, its time the left wing put it to useful work.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 02:38 AM
 
I don't see that as being productive, and media that talks like this doesn't just make me uneasy, it also makes those news sources and commentators less trustworthy to me. It is too emotionally involved and distracts me from the facts.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 03:31 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
OK, don't yell traitor just say it casually and often. Don't draw attention to it. Use it as a replacement for Mr. or President. Thats how it seeps into the consciousness of the weak minded. Make people think its his first name. Then they get to the polls and their brain says "Wait, why am I voting for a guy whose name is Traitor?!"
That's not how it works at all. That's as stupid as the people yelling about OBummer and N0bama and Hitlery. How effective were those tactics in converting people? Every time I see someone doing that on either side, that person gets put in a box where I know I can ignore anything they have to say because they're so biased and out of touch that nothing they say is coming from a place of thoughtfulness and careful consideration.
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 07:27 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
That's not how it works at all. That's as stupid as the people yelling about OBummer and N0bama and Hitlery. How effective were those tactics in converting people? Every time I see someone doing that on either side, that person gets put in a box where I know I can ignore anything they have to say because they're so biased and out of touch that nothing they say is coming from a place of thoughtfulness and careful consideration.
On the one hand, thats what I do but on the other are you kidding? There are people here who are normally totally level headed and objective who floundered and moaned about Hillary precisely because the GOP and co spent 30 years doing exactly that shit. Even sensible and analytical people were convinced she was a lying, irresponsible, untrustworthy security risk and hesitated to vote against Trump as a result. I don't doubt for a second that tens of thousands or more either didn't vote at all or voted the wrong way because of that tactic and nothing else.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 05:52 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
On the one hand, thats what I do
Is it? Where?

but on the other are you kidding? There are people here who are normally totally level headed and objective who floundered and moaned about Hillary precisely because the GOP and co spent 30 years doing exactly that shit. Even sensible and analytical people were convinced she was a lying, irresponsible, untrustworthy security risk and hesitated to vote against Trump as a result. I don't doubt for a second that tens of thousands or more either didn't vote at all or voted the wrong way because of that tactic and nothing else.
Yes, it was confirmation bias. Their minds weren't changed 180 degrees, they were simply pulled just a little further along. Conservatives/Republicans already despise the Clintons because they're on the other team, it's not a stretch to believe Hillary would be a bad president.
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 06:08 PM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Is it? Where?
I meant the bit about ignoring news sources that do that.


Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Yes, it was confirmation bias. Their minds weren't changed 180 degrees, they were simply pulled just a little further along. Conservatives/Republicans already despise the Clintons because they're on the other team, it's not a stretch to believe Hillary would be a bad president.
It was more than that. There were people in the centre, swing voters and even plenty of Democrats who were way more against Hillary than they would have been otherwise. It was the relentless rhetoric just like the reason Trump won the nomination was down purely to the amount of attention he got. Its the same reason the song that gets to number one is one of the six track rotation on the most popular radio station among teens to early twenties. Or it was when radio was a thing.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Laminar
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 10:04 PM
 
Because people purposely misspelled some words? Because some idiots said "Drumpf?" That's all it took?
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Oct 31, 2017, 11:12 PM
 
Eh?
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 01:21 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
It was more than that. There were people in the centre, swing voters and even plenty of Democrats who were way more against Hillary than they would have been otherwise. It was the relentless rhetoric just like the reason Trump won the nomination was down purely to the amount of attention he got. Its the same reason the song that gets to number one is one of the six track rotation on the most popular radio station among teens to early twenties. Or it was when radio was a thing.
It wasn't that with me.

As I've said, excluding DINOs like Webb, she's about as close to an ideal Democrat my right-leaning sensibilities could ever hope to find. I can recall liking her as recently as when she was Secretary of State.

Here's the thing though. When someone accepts the job of Secretary of State, I no longer give them the benefit of being allowed to behave like a political animal. In fact, if there isn't tension between the State Department and the White House, the department isn't being run properly. The President is a political animal until they're a lame duck.

I didn't need rhetoric, relentless or otherwise, to flip on her when in her duties as the most important government official in the world (that is not hyperbole) she decided to preemptively hide her communications from Americans in a way which dropped it into the lap of every foreign security agency on the planet.

No. No. I'm drawing the ****in line. That is broken.
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 01:41 AM
 
I still think you're overstating it. For a start its a past problem that never bit anyone or anything in the ass except for Hillary and you're still sounding more annoyed or at least serious about it than I've ever heard you sound about much that Trump has been up to. Which of course includes an equally bad if not worse attitude to handling classified data.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 02:19 AM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I still think you're overstating it. For a start its a past problem that never bit anyone or anything in the ass except for Hillary and you're still sounding more annoyed or at least serious about it than I've ever heard you sound about much that Trump has been up to. Which of course includes an equally bad if not worse attitude to handling classified data.
My philosophical objections to Trump are meaningless because what I'm objecting to originates in narcissism and self-loathing, not philosophy.

So, I think he's a pitiable human being (whatever I heap on Hillary, I would never say that about her), and the direct views into the depths of it are what set me off.

Like, his disgusting handshakes, his foul speech to the Boy Scouts, and shitting on Sean Spicer.
     
Paco500
Professional Poster
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Berkshire, UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 09:37 AM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
Like, his disgusting handshakes, his foul speech to the Boy Scouts, and shitting on Sean Spicer.
I find you to be an enigma in a number of ways (none of them particularly objectionable), but your torch-carrying for Spicey it the most confusing. The whole gun thing- disagree entirely but I intellectually understand your point of view. Spicer? I just can't square that circle at all.

But then I turn up the radio whenever I hear Mmmmmbop by Hanson, so there you go.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 12:15 PM
 
I do seem to like Trump's flacks for whatever reason. I blame Kate McKinnon a bit for Kellyanne. Spicer I think was a mole, so I appreciate the service. SHS I can't explain. I think it's her eyebrows, which are pretty ****in stellar.

I should note however, in this situation I was talking about the Pope thing, not his general behavior.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 12:30 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
Which of course includes an equally bad if not worse attitude to handling classified data.
I'll admit, because she kept ****ing lying about it... for a year straight, I got more wrapped up in the classified angle than I should have.

She's the Secretary of State. Even if it's not official, as a practical matter, I'm willing to give her discretion when it comes to classification. She declassified something on the fly about once a month. Seems right to me.

The problem isn't her attitude towards classified data, it's her attitude towards her data. She. Gave. It. All. Away.

That happened because she didn't want Americans looking at it.

These priorities are ****ed up.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 01:41 PM
 
Speaking of Spicer, The Harvard Crimson has a nice piece up on how terrible Spicers fellowship was.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 01:52 PM
 
How do we know it was terrible? It was all off the record.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 02:35 PM
 
Originally Posted by subego View Post
How do we know it was terrible? It was all off the record.
Illegal leaks
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 3, 2017, 03:56 PM
 
Fake illegal leaks.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 22, 2017, 10:25 AM
 
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 25, 2017, 01:56 AM
 
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 25, 2017, 07:21 PM
 
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Nov 30, 2017, 12:00 AM
 


It's not every day the POTUS gets scolded by an ally.


https://twitter.com/NLintheUSA/statu...53115249086464
.@realDonaldTrump Facts do matter. The perpetrator of the violent act in this video was born and raised in the Netherlands. He received and completed his sentence under Dutch law.
Actually make that two.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 1, 2017, 03:01 AM
 


Low energy.
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 14, 2017, 11:02 AM
 


Only one left is that poor schmuck in the back.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2017, 05:13 PM
 


No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet
     
OreoCookie
Moderator
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Hilbert space
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Dec 31, 2017, 09:46 PM
 
Was that from the NYT interview?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 2, 2018, 08:21 PM
 
North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!
Trump engaged in a literal dick measuring contest over the power of his nukes.

It's amazing how much he goes off the deep end when he has time off.

Edit: Thanks Fox News - https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/948358498462650369
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 09:04 AM
 
Is he getting worse? I feel like he's getting worse.
     
andi*pandi
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 09:39 AM
 
all I know is my facebook feed is full of people saying "sh!thole"
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 01:01 PM
 
I think it’s already word of the year.
     
andi*pandi
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 02:26 PM
 
but he didn't say it. nope. never.



(Whatever that says)
( Last edited by andi*pandi; Jan 12, 2018 at 02:45 PM. )
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 04:57 PM
 
At least he worked out he's not welcome here.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
subego
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 06:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
(Whatever that says)
“Liver, today I will use you.”
     
Thorzdad
Moderator
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nobletucky
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 07:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Is he getting worse? I feel like he's getting worse.
Dementia never sleeps.
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 12, 2018, 09:41 PM
 
And as Trump supporters continue to fall all over themselves to defend his latest racist tirade ... I can’t help but be amused at how they were so “offended” at being called “DEPLORABLES”. Which is the fundamental issue with Trump and his hardcore political base. They want to get all indignant about the LABEL ... yet still want to adopt the RHETORIC and BEHAVIOR with reckless abandon.

OAW
     
andi*pandi
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2018, 11:30 AM
 
The president's physical revealed he is just shy of being clinically obese... his height is listed as 6'3" but certainly at his age he is no longer the height he was when he was 30. Perhaps they are measuring hair height?
     
The Final Dakar  (op)
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2018, 12:21 PM
 
I don't want to get into it. He could be 400 pounds and I don't think it changes anything. I'm not going to challenge the word of a military doctor on an issue that's immaterial to political policy.
     
OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: May 2001
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2018, 12:22 PM
 
Obama is listed as 6'1". Trump claims to be 6'3". I'm going chalk this up to his penchant for mendacity about nearly everything.



OAW
     
Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2018, 12:23 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I don't want to get into it. He could be 400 pounds and I don't think it changes anything. I'm not going to challenge the word of a military doctor on an issue that's immaterial to political policy.
I think the point is that if the doc is willing to indulge Trump's vanity about his height and weight he might also be skewing the truth about his mental state.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
andi*pandi
Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: inside 128, north of 90
Status: Online
Reply With Quote
Jan 18, 2018, 12:54 PM
 
It's just indicative of who really is spreading fake news. He should give himself an award.
     
 
Thread Tools
 
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2017 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,