Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Hot Babes Picturefest [NSFW]

Hot Babes Picturefest [NSFW] (Page 53)
nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 09:22 AM

sorry but some of these chicks lately are average at best.

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 13, 2008, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by nredman View Post
sorry but some of these chicks lately are average at best.

FHM Link

Cora Skinner Link

'Nother Cora Link
I hope you're not saying that their "average" is a bad thing... They may not be "stunning", but they are quite attractive, and the photography is pretty darn good too.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Helmling
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2008, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wiskedjak View Post
Well, to be honest, it was probably Danica McKellar who negated that good deed when she posed for Maxim despite being a "brilliant mathematician and author of a book encouraging young girls to stay engaged in math despite sexist cultural stereotypes".
Well, in her defense, it was because she "won" a poll of readers (of Stuff magazine, actually) who were asked "What 90's star would they most want to see in lingerie?"

Now, my tossing up of Danica McKellar was a flip gesture. I'd seen an interview with her, but I haven't really read her book. Maybe there are actually some things to be concerned about in her message. I'm not that terribly interested in discussing this one woman whose message may not be perfect, but whose contribution seems on the whole more positive than most of what our young women are exposed to in the media.

There's an opportunity to turn this thread into an actual discussion worth having, if everyone will just calm down. (Not you, Wisk, I'm talking about the barbs being traded by others.)

I think the men in the thread who enjoy looking at pictures like these (which is, if we're honest, all heterosexual males) need to stop and consider what it is we're really doing. Are we supporting a standard of beauty that is really healthy? Is there a way for our culture to appreciate feminine beauty in a way that acknowledges that men are highly fixated on the visual, while still celebrating women as fully realized human beings? Or is this sort of superficiality inherently objectifying?

These are big questions. For me, it comes again and again in my thinking to the prevalence of eating disorders in our girls today and the much wider prevalence of body-hatred that so many young girls have. If, by posting and enjoying a thread like this, we are perpetuating those horrible forces on girls' collective consciousness, then I for one, think maybe we should give it a rest.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 11:15 AM

Wow that's just way too much text for this thread.

All glory to the hypnotoad.

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 13, 2008, 11:40 AM

Hemling has a valid point. Are we "objectifying" women by posting and discussing pictures of them here? Or are we appreciating them and their natural beauty? Is this different from walking through a gallery and pondering the pictures on the walls?

I think it is. We are basically giving examples and discussing what we find attractive and "beautiful." For example, take the picture of the ladies from the Firefly cast, which I commented on earlier.

It would be very hard to find a more diverse group of four ladies, with a much more diverse group of looks, yet I think every one of them is beautiful in her own way. If we're just a bit more attentive to why we post and comment on which pictures, we can keep this from becoming a bad mechanic's calendar and avoid being guilty of any objectification.

And as payback for all the words, here's a great picture of Stephanie Seymour:

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 11:53 AM

45/47

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 11:59 AM

Trashy!
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 12:58 PM

Point:
Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Is this different from walking through a gallery and pondering the pictures on the walls?

I think it is. We are basically giving examples and discussing what we find attractive and "beautiful."
[examples]
Counter point:
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
I note no comments on why this is considered beautiful.

I think the preponderance of the posts (not to mention the title of the thread) supports the counter point.

Personally, I like pictures of scantily clothed (or unclothed) women. But one wonders if a) it is appropriate for this forum (one can certainly find better somewhere else), and b) if we are truly appreciating beauty or worshiping a photoshopped and unrealistic ideal (does it even matter?).

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 01:04 PM

Good Lord - if you don't want to see it don't click the thread.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by boots View Post

I note no comments on why this is considered beautiful.

I think the preponderance of the posts (not to mention the title of the thread) supports the counter point.

Personally, I like pictures of scantily clothed (or unclothed) women. But one wonders if a) it is appropriate for this forum (one can certainly find better somewhere else), and b) if we are truly appreciating beauty or worshiping a photoshopped and unrealistic ideal (does it even matter?).

are "hot " and "beautiful" the same thing? This is the "hot babes" thread. I would think a "beautiful women" thread would be filled with pics there are quite different from those in this thread.
45/47

Nexus5
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by jokell82 View Post
Less chit chat more photos.

nexus5.

boots
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 01:18 PM

Good Lord - if you don't want to see it don't click the thread.
This is part of a conversation that is woven into a number of threads, and it deals with protecting minors from particular types of material. I'm not advocating the thread be closed, I'm asking the management if it is consistent with the ideals they are trying to maintain. Please, continue as though I'm not here.
Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
are "hot " and "beautiful" the same thing? This is the "hot babes" thread. I would think a "beautiful women" thread would be filled with pics there are quite different from those in this thread.
I would argue not. Though, as I get older I realize that "hot" is in the actions, not the image. And you can airbrush a bucktoothed gorgon so she looks "hot".

And this is exactly the point I was trying to make with ghporter. It appears that he's defending this thread as having "semantic value."

Again, I'm not advocating anything here. I raising a question that should be pondered. It crops up in a number of ways, and each specific example usually ends up with two simians throwing feces at each other. The idea gets lost in the hostility and/or juvenile behavior.

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by boots View Post
This is part of a conversation that is woven into a number of threads, and it deals with protecting minors from particular types of material. I'm not advocating the thread be closed, I'm asking the management if it is consistent with the ideals they are trying to maintain. Please, continue as though I'm not here.
You have to be 13 to sign up for this forum, and no one here has posted anything worse than you see in magazines or PG-13 movies (hell, some PG-13 movies have brief topless shots, which we're not allowed to post here). So please don't turn this into a "think of the children!" kind of request.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 01:26 PM

My favorite Moonlite Bunny
( Last edited by Chongo; Jan 21, 2008 at 06:39 PM. )
45/47

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 13, 2008, 01:35 PM

Guys, guys...

Nobody comes to this thread to read. Keep it moving.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 01:36 PM

Guess who

45/47

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 13, 2008, 01:57 PM

I think that if anyone is worried about the healthiness or appropriateness of this thread should consider that maybe that is THEIR problem and if they are uncomfortable with it then maybe they shouldn't participate.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2008, 02:49 PM

Talk about dragging the lounge down, christ people, take your hang-ups elsewhere.

Helmling
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2008, 03:30 PM

It was a question, not a hang-up. Like I said, it's every heterosexual male who would be inclined to stare at attractive women.

What, though, does that say about us heterosexual males?

Maybe you're right, maybe that crosses out of lounge territory into the political lounge...maybe this is just a space for mindlessness and I was asking for too much by posing a question.

Mindlessness, after all, has its benefits. I will now quote the great Kurt Vonnegut to prove the point:

"Listen: We are here on Earth to fart around. Don’t let anybody tell you any different!"

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 13, 2008, 05:46 PM

Okay, are "hot" and "beautiful" different qualities? Maybe. But they're both judgments based on personal preference, right? I think the blond is cute and rather sexy, but I don't necessarily think she's either "hot" or "beautiful". That picture is an example of what Chongo likes, that's all. There has been plenty of discussion on the order of "why did you post that?" and "I like that and this too" in this thread. So with a lot of straight men, at least on a surface level, they don't think about "I like that picture because..." they just like it. With a large number of men, that's it too-they don't have any thought past "ooooo boobies!". That says something about them too. But just having this thread doesn't comment negatively on straight men-it's their behavior that does that commenting.

I posted a nice picture of Stephanie Seymour because I think she's very beautiful, and hot as well. I like redheads (I think I've posted that about a dozen times), I like freckles (ditto), and I like the classic lines of her face and her body. She moves well too, so grace is another thing I like about looking at her. I'm not juvenile enough to just drool over the thought of the possibility of having sex with her (like that could ever happen! I'm married and so is she!). I appreciate her beauty and style and leave it at that. Wow, that was way too many words!

Oh, and Kurt was right.

powerbook867
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 13, 2008, 07:12 PM

IMHO this is a mindless thread..can we please keep it that way? Maybe with some more pix of the Firefly gals? Please?
Joe

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 13, 2008, 09:01 PM

Sure!

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by ghporter View Post
Sure!
Summer's the only reason I'm watching that new Terminator show right now. Well, Lena Headey's not too bad either.

Cold Warrior
Jan 13, 2008, 10:21 PM

Summer is so hot. I haven't been able to find any pics where she's showing some skin though.

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 13, 2008, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Summer is so hot. I haven't been able to find any pics where she's showing some skin though.
There's always this episode of The Unit:

James L
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2008, 11:35 PM

hehe hehe... You said unit.

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2008, 01:19 AM

Live version for you...

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2008, 09:30 AM

Most of us clicked on the "Hot Babes Picturefest" to read the articles...

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 14, 2008, 09:32 AM

I particularly like the advice column. Lots of practical hints about grooming there.

iCapture
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by TheoCryst View Post
I think you may have just negated the good deed that Helmling was trying to do... and I thank you for that.
HAHA +1 !

Why are people being such pussies? "objectifying of women?" please, if you didnt oggle at them they would get pissed. Its all a game guys!

[ - snip - ]
[ - snip - ]

mod note: topless shot, with obscuring block too small. also, you forgot about the mirror. and included two copies of the pic, one quite large.
( Last edited by reader50; Jan 14, 2008 at 02:36 PM. )

iCapture
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2008, 03:34 PM

My deepest apologies to all the 13 year olds here. I seemed to have forgotten what web site i was on. Hugs not Drugs!

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by iCapture View Post
mod note: topless shot, with obscuring block too small. also, you forgot about the mirror. and included two copies of the pic, one quite large.
FYI: she was a minor when that photoshoot took place.

iCapture
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2008, 03:44 PM

FYI: she was a minor when that photoshoot took place.
proof?

jokell82
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2008, 04:05 PM

proof?
Just do a google search with her name, 17, and Gear (the name of the magazine). It was shot when she was 17. She wanted out of her contract for the show 7th Heaven, and I guess posing nude was one way to do it...

Cover shot:

iCapture
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2008, 04:30 PM

Do you have a point to make? Or are you just making conversation?

dudeness2
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2008, 02:55 PM

hottness... the last few pics of the previous page. should i mention what i want to do to them? lol prob not... hehehehe.

and i know for sure 13 year olds gawk at hott girls/women all the time. i think it starts around 12 or 13.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 21, 2008, 06:32 PM

( Last edited by Chongo; Jan 29, 2008 at 10:14 PM. )
45/47

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2008, 06:05 AM

Hey guys, I just hope everyone browsing this thread knows that meeting and interacting with girls IRL is vastly superior to viewing them in electronic form. Reality check, yo.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
interacting with girls
I like that euphemism.

Oh yeah. What was this thread about? Pics. I'm quite taken with the latest Miss January:

Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2008, 11:56 AM

them pics ain't workin boobiesig dude.

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Jan 24, 2008, 12:43 PM

Dammit.
Mind, perhaps it's a good thing that you lot aren't perving at the future Mrs. Doofy.

Can't rehost them due to not having my account passwords to hand. You'll just have to imagine some fine totty.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2008, 01:10 PM

Or control-click on the thingys to open them in a new tab.

driven
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Or control-click on the thingys to open them in a new tab.
Good call there Sparky! Thanks!
- MacBook Air M2 16GB / 512GB
- MacBook Pro 16" i9 2.4Ghz 32GB / 1TB
- MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.9Ghz 16GB / 512GB
- iMac i5 3.2Ghz 1TB
- G4 Cube 500Mhz / Shelf display unit / Museum display

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jan 24, 2008, 06:51 PM

I'm only here to help.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 24, 2008, 09:35 PM

I cut and pasted and went to the page, nice!

Also if you are at work they won't show up (co@*, err, proxy blocked)
( Last edited by Chongo; Jan 25, 2008 at 07:49 AM. )
45/47

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2008, 11:30 PM

Hehehehe... I just made it through all 58 pages and then realized...

ctt1wbw
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2008, 07:50 PM

dudeness2
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2008, 05:28 PM

i love women with dark hair...... and light eyes

MichiganRich
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 29, 2008, 09:22 PM

I love women with hair.... and eyes

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 29, 2008, 10:30 PM

My deepest apologies to all the 13 year olds here. I seemed to have forgotten what web site i was on. Hugs not Drugs!

Looks like someone for got this post from July of 2005

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lou...1/#post2600677
45/47

Forum Links
Forum Rules