Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > For those of you with pets....

For those of you with pets.... (Page 2)
MartyParty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2019, 11:22 AM

I hope those tiny sugar ants can't do anything like that, otherwise, I would be terrified and won't visit my kitchen and bathroom, because we have these guys every 2-3 years. We used traps, sprays and even sonic repellents our neighbour suggested. It turned out he was so wrong, this article says it won't work on ants. Silly me. We washed everything with borax in house and kerosene outside and took a two-week vacation after that. Worked well, no ants for a few years guaranteed.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2019, 01:55 PM

Since this thread was last knocking around, I’ve had good results with Raid ant gel, which I’m thinking is sugar and poison.

What’s nice about it is you can squirt it directly into whatever opening they’re coming out of, so you don’t need much of it, and it’s not something a pet will expose themselves to.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Jan 10, 2019, 01:25 PM

I've encountered ants twice, and twice I've had to call pros after trying every OTC solution.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2019, 02:19 PM

In my apartment my ace in the hole is there’s only two apartments on my floor, while all the others have a couple dozen. My ants have much greener pastures nearby if I get aggressive with them.

Same with cockroaches, which I don’t even bother with other than killing them when I see one. By the totally irregular rate they appear, I’m pretty sure they’re just lost.

Also, I’ve had progressively less of each as I have less pets. Was four. Down to one now.

andi*pandi
Jan 10, 2019, 03:14 PM

The mortification I felt one time after returning from vacation to discover I had not emptied the dogs food dish before departing. The ants and such were having a field day.

As for roaches, you need a dragon.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2019, 04:00 PM

Yeah... it’s a pretty hopeless situation. Even if I incinerated my own apartment, they’re still in the other 200.

I’d seriously consider moving if it was a normal infestation, but I can go weeks without seeing one.

They’re these Jurassic sized ****ers, too, so they’re obviously getting well fed somewhere other than my apartment, or I think I’d be seeing a lot more.

Pszara
Banned
Apr 21, 2019, 03:02 PM

HELLO Friends,
I have a dog pet pug but he is now a day very dull looking, I suggest with the pets doctor he is saying because of monsoon its happen in few days he will automatically recover...
is it true??
suggest me, guys ??

reader50
Administrator
Apr 21, 2019, 03:11 PM

Yes. After being washed by the monsoon, your pug's fur will look bright again. Excellent plan.

I hope you swim with him for safety.

Thorzdad
Apr 21, 2019, 04:37 PM

When you see monsoon approach, cover dog pug with dish soaps. Leave dog pug outdoor in monsoon. Bright and shiny.

andi*pandi
Apr 21, 2019, 07:21 PM

what

Forum Links
Forum Rules