Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Syncing my iCal to my iPod with iSync

Syncing my iCal to my iPod with iSync
Faceplant
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2005, 10:47 AM

OK, with the older OS it worked, but now I cannot get my iPod to be recognized as a device by iSync so my iCal appointments can be seen on my iPod. Gawd, there are a lot of iCrap going on! I can plug my iPod into my Tiger equipped 'puter, and iTunes launches and updated my iPod, so the 'puter sees my iPod. Cool. I cannot sync my info using iSync to my iPod, and when I try to add a device when my iPod is connected, the POS cannot find my iPod, even though right there on the friggin desktop! My question is this...since iSync is the only way to sinc my iPod to the iCal items, how can I make iSync recognize my iPod as a device?

And, with .mac (which I Do have), can I use this to sync my iCal with my iPod, and if so, how?

Faceplant  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2005, 11:05 AM

Hi. Me again. Just after posting this thread I realized that iTunes updated iCal info on my iPod with the right preference settings. Is iSync now useless since it cannot recognize my iPod and since .mac now does what iSync ised to do?

quietjim
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 8, 2005, 08:10 PM

If you check, you will find that there is an isync message that iTunes now takes care of syncing contacts and calendars with the iPod. iSync is still used for other devices such as PDA's and phones. Works fine.
Timex Sinclair . IIe > SE > 6100 >
520c > Pismo > PB 15.2 > MacBook Pro 15.2 2.5 GHz

mishap
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2005, 08:15 PM

yeah this changes AFTER installing iTunes 4.8

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2005, 08:52 PM

Syncing my iCal to my iPod with iSync

Damn you Steve.

Forum Links