Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: ATI XClaim VR

WTB: ATI XClaim VR
kbbaucom
Forum Regular
Dec 8, 2001, 04:32 PM

Hey. I want to set up my 8600/G3 400 to be a VCR, but it seems the built-in video in is too slow to get 30 fps at 320x240. The highest I have been able to get is a little over 16 fps. Does anyone have an XClaim VR PCI, either the Rage Pro or Rage 128 version? The only ones I could find on ebay were both the Rage II version, which I am not interested in.

kjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 9, 2001, 01:23 AM

Originally posted by kbbaucom:
<STRONG>Hey. I want to set up my 8600/G3 400 to be a VCR, but it seems the built-in video in is too slow to get 30 fps at 320x240. The highest I have been able to get is a little over 16 fps. Does anyone have an XClaim VR PCI, either the Rage Pro or Rage 128 version? The only ones I could find on ebay were both the Rage II version, which I am not interested in.</STRONG>
I've got one I'd be happy to sell you, but I am looking for a Rage 128 or better PCI based card for my G3 before I can let go of mine. Depending on your time frame, I might be able to help you after Xmas. Send me an email if you are interested. By the way, you know this card is "unsupported" in OS X, right?

Kevin

itomato
Mac Elite
Dec 11, 2001, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by kjb:
<STRONG>

...but I am looking for a Rage 128 or better PCI based card for my G3 before I can let go of mine...

Kevin</STRONG>
I've got a Radeon PCI to get rid of. $125. It's practially new. I've got the box, the books, software, and registration.
-- | T () /\/\ /.\ T () --

macfool2002
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2001, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by kbbaucom:
<STRONG>Does anyone have an XClaim VR PCI, either the Rage Pro or Rage 128 version? The only ones I could find on ebay were both the Rage II version, which I am not interested in.</STRONG>
I've got one in my B&W G3 that I might be willing to let go for a reasonable offer. Send me an email if you're interested.

Griz
Dec 12, 2001, 08:04 PM

And to think I gave mine away. It wasn't worth a D%&#

G4 Quicksilver 2002 800Mhz CD-RW Zip 250 15 inch LCD Apple Studio Display HPdeskjet 940c OS X 10.3.2

tonywong
Dec 14, 2001, 01:55 AM

itomato,

You've got mail...

Forum Links
Forum Rules