Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > To buy (Friday) or not to buy (until later)

To buy (Friday) or not to buy (until later)
[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2006, 09:45 AM

So I'm thinking of heading down to my friendly neighbourhood Apple store this Friday to pick up a MacBook Pro. Any strong reasons not to buy one yet? I've got a long-in-the-tooth Titanium PowerBook with a hard drive so full there's 1s and 0s falling out and making a mess on my desk, and no DVD burner. The good ol' TiBook still does the job well enough, but I've got the cash and would love to get to play around with a new computer.

What reasons do you guys have for holder off (other than waiting for a name change).

Mike

CorpITGuy
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2006, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected]
What reasons do you guys have for holder off (other than waiting for a name change).

The current MacBook Pro is a Rev. A machine, but if that doesn't bother you I can't think of a good reason not to buy.

Cash is the important thing. The materialism in this country is present with force here at MacNN. There are lots of folks who complain about not making the rent and then I see that they have two PowerBooks and a PowerMac, iPod, fancy desk setup, etc. all new, to do their word processing for college course work.

But since you've got the cash, why not? Hope you enjoy it! My wife's new one will be shipping in 7-10 days.

john h
Mar 21, 2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected]
So I'm thinking of heading down to my friendly neighbourhood Apple store this Friday to pick up a MacBook Pro. Any strong reasons not to buy one yet? I've got a long-in-the-tooth Titanium PowerBook with a hard drive so full there's 1s and 0s falling out and making a mess on my desk, and no DVD burner. The good ol' TiBook still does the job well enough, but I've got the cash and would love to get to play around with a new computer.

Mike
Just make sure it will run the software and hardware you require else you could find yourself with some serious issues.

Forum Links
Forum Rules