Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > best flat panel for computer text (web pages)

best flat panel for computer text (web pages)
vasu
Senior User
Apr 11, 2006, 04:36 PM

I'm in charge of buying a flat panel for our office. We do web design, so the panel would be used to show off the website to clients when they come in. So there wont be static text on the display all day long, so burn in shouldn't be an issue.

That said .. what's best for text sharpness and quality: plasma or lcd?

The seating will be anywhere from 2 feet to 7 feet away from the screen and it's an enclosed room so ambient light shouldn't be a problem.

I'm comparing a 42" Plasma to a 37" LCD since the cost will be the same .. i realize that the LCD should be a bit sharper just because it's the same/more pixels in a smaller screeen, so the dpi should be higher .. but are plasma's bad for computer text and viewing web pages? Will it be good enough?

any other advice?

-vasu

john h
Apr 12, 2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by vasu
I'm in charge of buying a flat panel for our office. We do web design, so the panel would be used to show off the website to clients when they come in. So there wont be static text on the display all day long, so burn in shouldn't be an issue.

That said .. what's best for text sharpness and quality: plasma or lcd?

The seating will be anywhere from 2 feet to 7 feet away from the screen and it's an enclosed room so ambient light shouldn't be a problem

I'm comparing a 42" Plasma to a 37" LCD since the cost will be the same .. i realize that the LCD should be a bit sharper just because it's the same/more pixels in a smaller screeen, so the dpi should be higher .. but are plasma's bad for computer text and viewing web pages? Will it be good enough?

any other advice?

-vasu
I have both plasma and LCD. LCD is more clear but you need to watch the angle at which you view it. Some LCD's allow for a larger angle to view something than others. Go to the show room an look at the different brands and the angle of view you can reasonably watch something.

Forum Links
Forum Rules