Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Hardware Hacking > Ge force 3

Ge force 3
samson1286
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2001, 08:13 PM

hey guys i really wanna go all out for my video card i am wondering how well a geforce 3 stands up to the rest

thanks

kbbaucom
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2001, 04:11 AM

GeForce 3 beats the Radeon in pretty much every test. I think there is some issue with Lightwave and nVidia cards though. That is the only thing I can think of where the GeForce 3 is not the best.
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/Graphics/...ce3_tests.html

zazou
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2001, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by kbbaucom:
GeForce 3 beats the Radeon in pretty much every test. I think there is some issue with Lightwave and nVidia cards though. That is the only thing I can think of where the GeForce 3 is not the best.
Currently True, but hold the phone. The Radeon 8500 just debuted on the PC and ATI has claimed it is also coming to Mac by Q1 end. It will be about the same a GF3 in cost as a retail package. This may complicate matters for you. The 8500 is getting GREAT reviews in the PC world. As always support and updates will be key. SO who do you like more ATI or Apple/nVidia.

Zaz

Haven't you noticed? Chronic cynicism takes no skills, little energy, no education, and if you do it really well in poorly-lit coffee-houses, it gets you laid.

Forum Links
Forum Rules